(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (i0) Pub. No.: US 2006/0190909 Al
Nakajima (43) Pub. Date: Aug. 24,2006
(54) METHOD FOR DESIGNING A SYSTEM LSI (75) Inventor: Hiroyuki Nakajima, Kanagawa (JP) Correspondence Address:
SCULLY SCOTT MURPHY & PRESSER, PC
400 GARDEN CITY PLAZA
GARDEN CITY, NY 11530 (US)
(73) Assignee: NEC Electronics Corporation, Kanagawa (JP)
(21) Appl. No.: 11/399,577
(22) Filed: Apr. 6, 2006
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 10/413,692, filed on Apr. 15, 2003, now Pat. No. 7,065,719.
(30) Foreign Application Priority Data
Apr. 19, 2002 (JP) 2002-117357
(51) Int. CI.
G06F 17/50 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 716/18
A method for designing a system LSI includes the step of defining, for each of instructions of the processor, a behavior function description and an instruction description specifying the behavior function description, and the step of synthesizing the instructions by behavior synthesis to define the processor. The behavior function description and the instruction description are separately stored in a database as design resources for the next design of a system LSI. The instruction description is retrieved as accompanied by the associated behavior function description from the database.