(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication
Khedouri et al.
(54) AUDIO VISUAL PLAYER APPARATUS AND SYSTEM AND METHOD OF CONTENT DISTRIBUTION USING THE SAME
(76) Inventors: Robert Khedouri, Roslyn, NY (US);
Jonathan Axelrod, New York, NY
(US); Harold Price, Bethel Park, PA
(US); John Becker, Chadds Ford, PA
(US); Mark Edinger, Perkasie, PA
(US); Douglas R. Kraul, New York,
GOTTLIEB RACKMAN & REISMAN PC
270 MADISON AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10016-0601 (US)
(21) Appl. No.: 11/780,535
(22) Filed: Jul. 20, 2007
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation-in-part of application No. 10/953,746, filed on Sep. 29, 2004.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/807,840, filed on Jul. 20, 2006. Provisional application No. 60/943,675, filed on Jun. 13, 2007.
(51) Int. CI.
G06F 15/173 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 709/224
A system is presented providing content to a plurality of handheld devices (including musical selections). The devices can access a server over the Internet via a Wi-Fi or other similar wireless interconnection and can download songs requested by a user from the server or from other users using, e.g., a P2P protocol. All downloads may be governed by applicable DRM rules. Content and playlists may also be pushed by a server from other sources and means including, e.g., podcasting, based on predetermined rules, favorite preferences of users, and other criteria.