(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: Us 7,602,455 B2
Hong et al. (45) Date of Patent: Oct. 13,2009
(54) ARRAY SUBSTRATE FOR TRANSFLECTIVE LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY DEVICE AND FABRICATION METHOD THEREOF
(75) Inventors: Hyun-Seok Hong, Goyang-si (KR);
Byung-Ho Park, Pyohang-si (KR)
(73) Assignee: LG Display Co., Ltd., Seoul (KR)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 582 days.
(21) Appl.No.: 11/289,459
(22) Filed: Nov. 30, 2005
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2007/0002221 Al Jan. 4, 2007
(30) Foreign Application Priority Data
Jun. 30, 2005 (KR) 10-2005-0057903
(51) Int. CI.
(52) U.S. CI 349/43
(58) Field of Classification Search 349/43
See application file for complete search history.
An array substrate for a transflective liquid crystal display device and its fabrication method are discussed. In one embodiment, a method of forming an array substrate for a display device, includes forming a gate pad on a pad region of a base substrate; forming a gate insulator on the gate pad, the gate insulator having an opening exposing a portion of the gate pad; forming an auxiliary pad pattern on the gate insulator, the auxiliary pad pattern being made of an intrinsic amorphous silicon layer; and forming a conductive layer on the auxiliary pad pattern, the conductive layer contacting the gate pad through the opening.
18 Claims, 26 Drawing Sheets