(54) METHOD FOR LOCKING SHARED
RESOURCES CONNECTED BY A PCI BUS
(75) Inventors: Assaf Zeira, Shoham, IL (US); Rony Gotesdyner, Givat Shmuel (IL)
(73) Assignee: P-Cube Ltd., Herzliya (IL)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 431 days.
(21) Appl. No.: 10/047,499
(22) Filed: Oct. 23, 2001
(51) Int. CI.7 G06F 12/14; G06F 13/14
(52) U.S. CI 711/152; 710/200; 707/8;
(58) Field of Search 711/152,147,148,
711/150,155,163, 216, 168; 710/200,108; 709/213-214, 709/226, 229, 248, 400,104; 707/8; 718/104
(56) References Cited
U.S. PATENT DOCUMENTS
5,142,676 A * 8/1992 Fried et al 711/152
A computer system according to the present invention comprises at least two CPUs; at least one shared system resource accessible to each of the CPUs; and shared memory shared by the CPUs. The shared memory has therein a resource locking table, comprising memory elements. Each of the memory elements is designated for being written to by only one of the at least two CPUs. Each of the at least two CPUs is communicatively interconnected with the shared memory and the shared system resource, and the resource locking table is operative by each of the CPUs.
11 Claims, 3 Drawing Sheets