(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication
Chang et al.
(54) HIGH PERFORMANCE RFID SYSTEM AND OPERATING METHOD THEREOF
(75) Inventors: Shao-Chang Chang, Taipei City (TW);
Ching-Hung Wu, Taichung City (TW);
Shang-Wei Chen, Tainan City (TW);
Yuh-Jou Tsen, Kaohsiung City (TW);
Tzyh-Chiang Oscal, Yonghe City
(TW); Fu-Chien Yung, Kaohsiung
4331 STEVENS BATTLE LANE
FAIRFAX, VA 22033 (US)
(73) Assignee: Industrial Technology Research Institute
(21) Appl. No.: 11/082,840
(22) Filed: Mar. 18, 2005
(30) Foreign Application Priority Data
Nov. 26, 2004 (TW) 093136402
(51) Int. CI.
H04Q 5/22 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 340/10.1
A high performance Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) system and the operating method thereof. The RFID system includes a reader, a plurality of passive tags, and at least one local reader to communicate with nearby passive tags and further forward results to the reader. A repeater tag or a semi-active tag can serve as a local reader. An operating method of the high performance RFID system, a repeater tag operating method, a semi-active tag electric power detecting method, and an operating method for searching for no electric power tags are further provided.