(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: Us 7,545,694 B2
Srinivasa Raghavan et al. (45) Date of Patent: Jun. 9,2009
(54) SENSE AMPLIFIER WITH LEAKAGE
TESTING AND READ DEBUG CAPABILITY
(75) Inventors: Vijay Kumar Srinivasa Raghavan,
Colorado Springs, CO (US); Ryan Tasuo
Hirose, Colorado Springs, CO (US)
(73) Assignee: Cypress Semiconductor Corporation,
San Jose, CA (US)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 0 days.
(21) Appl.No.: 11/839,632
(22) Filed: Aug. 16, 2007
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2008/0042691 Al Feb. 21,2008
Related U.S. Application Data
(60) Provisional application No. 60/838,485, filed on Aug. 16, 2006.
(51) Int. CI.
G11C 7/06 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 365/207; 365/189.15
(58) Field of Classification Search 365/207,
See application file for complete search history.
Disclosed is a high speed and power efficient dual mode sense
amplifier circuit, which comprises a configuration selector
further comprising a read amplifier, a debug circuit and a
backup read circuit. The dual mode sense amplifier circuit
also comprises a controllable input node further comprising
an enabling circuit, the controllable input node being coupled
to the configuration selector and the dual mode sense ampli-
fier circuit comprises a differential signal generator further
comprising a reference signal source, the differential signal
generator is coupled to the controllable input node. A method
of dual mode sensing and other embodiments are also dis-
14 Claims, 5 Drawing Sheets