(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: Us 7,671,514 B2
Lee et al. (45) Date of Patent: Mar. 2,2010
(54) ELECTROACTIVE SOLID-STATE ACTUATOR AND METHOD OF MANUFACTURING THE SAME
(75) Inventors: Kwi Jong Lee, Kyungki-do (KR);
Young Kwan Lee, Kyungki-do (KR);
Jae Do Nam, Kyungki-do (KR); Hyouk
Ryeol Choi, Kyungki-do (KR); Mi Suk
Cho, Kyungki-do (KR); Ja Choon Koo,
(73) Assignees: Samsung Electro-Mechanics. Co. Ltd, Suwon, Kyungki-Do (KR); Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul (KR)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 1387 days.
(21) Appl.No.: 11/080,294
(22) Filed: Mar. 15, 2005
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2006/0086596 Al Apr. 27, 2006
(30) Foreign Application Priority Data
Oct. 22, 2004 (KR) 10-2004-0085008
(51) Int. CI.
H01L 41/08 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 310/328; 310/800
(58) Field of Classification Search 310/328,
310/311,800,309; 29/25.35; H01L 41/08,
H01L 41/09 See application file for complete search history.
The present invention provides an electroactive solid-state actuator, including a solid polymer electrolyte film having first and second main surfaces facing each other, and first and second conductive polymer layers infiltrated into the first and second main surfaces of the solid polymer electrolyte film. Further, a method of manufacturing the electroactive solidstate actuator is provided, the method including preparing a solid polymer film having first and second main surfaces facing each other, infiltrating a monomer of a conductive polymer into the first and second main surfaces of the solid polymer film, followed by polymerization, to form first and second conductive polymer layers, and immersing the solid polymer film into an ionic liquid or liquid electrolyte to be converted to an electrically conductive polymer.
7 Claims, 4 Drawing Sheets