(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: Us 7,146,663 B2
Brown et al. (45) Date of Patent: Dec. 12,2006
(54) SLIPCOVERS FOR SUPPORT PILLOWS
(75) Inventors: Susan H. Brown, Evergreen, CO (US);
Sheila Littlehorn, Littleton, CO (US)
(73) Assignee: The Boppy Company, Golden, CO (US)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 124 days.
(21) Appl. No.: 11/015,708
(22) Filed: Dec. 17, 2004
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2005/0097673 Al May 12, 2005
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 10/789,784, filed on Feb. 27, 2004, now Pat. No. 7,000,274, which is a continuation-in-part of application No. 10/638,058, filed on Aug. 7, 2003, now Pat. No. 6,851,143, which is a continuation of application No. 10/241,504, filed on Sep. 10, 2002, now Pat. No. 6,625,828, which is a continuation of application No. 09/802,310, filed on Mar. 8, 2001, now Pat. No. 6,453,493.
(51) Int. CI.
A47G 9/10 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 5/636; 5/640; 5/645
(58) Field of Classification Search 5/636,
5/638-640, 645, 655, 490, 907, 904 See application file for complete search history.
(56) References Cited
U.S. PATENT DOCUMENTS
A support pillow comprises a cushion body having a medial region and two opposing arms that define a generally open well, with the cushion body having an outer periphery and an inner periphery adjacent the well. A shell encompasses the cushion body. A fabric cover is removably disposed over the shell such that the fabric cover generally conforms to the shell. The fabric cover defines an opening to permit the cover to be placed over the shell, and the fabric covering includes at least one fastener to close the opening once the cover has been placed over the shell.
20 Claims, 20 Drawing Sheets