« PreviousContinue »
(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2003/0131024 Al
de la Huerga (43) Pub. Date: Jul. 10,2003
(54) METHOD FOR VERIFYING RECORD CODE PRIOR TO AN ACTION BASED ON THE CODE
(76) Inventor: Carlos de la Huerga, Milwaukee, WI (US)
Michael A. Jaskolski
Quarles & Brady, LLP
411 East Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53202 (US)
(21) Appl. No.: 10/307,734
(22) Filed: Dec. 2, 2002
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation-in-part of application No. 09/374,568, filed on Aug. 13, 1999, now Pat. No. 6,516,321, which is a continuation-in-part of application No. 09/326,177, filed on Jun. 4, 1999, now Pat. No. 6,434,567, which is a continuation-in-part of application No. 09/247,349, filed on May 3, 1999, which is a continuation-in-part of application No. 08/727, 293, filed on Oct. 9, 1996, now Pat. No. 5,895, 461said application application number is a continuation-in-part of application No. 08/871,818, filed on Jun. 9, 1997, now Pat. No. 5,903,889. Continuation
in-part of application No. 09/130,934, filed on Aug. 7, 1998, now Pat. No. 6,345,268.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/023,126, filed on Jul. 30, 1996.
(51) Int. CI.7 G06F 12/00
(52) U.S. CI 707 200
A method to be used with a processor and at least a first record, the processor capable of facilitating at least a sub-set of possible record modifications including copying, moving, altering and deleting, the processor having access to characteristic sets which correspond to record codes, at least a first segment of the first record having characteristics that match a first characteristic set which distinguishes the first segment from other record segments, the first record also including a first record code which can be used by the processor and other processors to distinguish the first segment from other record segments, at least one processor performing at least one action based on the record codes in the first record, the method for verifying record codes prior to actions based thereon, the method comprising the step of, prior to allowing an action related to the first record code to be performed, verifying accuracy of the first record code.