(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication
Yamazaki et al.
(54) SEMICONDUCTOR DEVICE AND
MANUFACTURING METHOD THEREOF
(75) Inventors: Shunpei Yamazaki, Setagaya (JP);
Hideaki Kuwabara, Atsugi (JP);
Yasuyuki Arai, Atsugi (JP)
21010 SOUTHBANK ST.
POTOMAC FALLS, VA 20165 (US)
(73) Assignee: Semiconductor Energy Laboratory Co., Ltd., Atsugi-shi (JP)
(21) Appl. No.: 11/387,800
(22) Filed: Mar. 24, 2006
Related U.S. Application Data
(62) Division of application No. 10/852,260, filed on May 25, 2004, now Pat. No. 7,019,329, which is a division of application No. 10/144,067, filedonMay 14, 2002, now Pat. No. 6,747,288, which is a division of
application No. 09/566,735, filed on May 9, 2000, now Pat. No. 6,387,737.
(30) Foreign Application Priority Data
Mar. 8, 2000 (JP) 2000-064227
(51) Int. CI.
H01L 31/0376 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 257/57
[Summary][Problem]A TFT is manufactured using at least five photomasks in a conventional liquid crystal display device, and therefore the manufacturing cost is high. [Solving Means]
By performing the formation of the pixel electrode 127, the source region 123 and the drain region 124 by using three photomasks in three photolithography steps, a liquid crystal display device prepared with a pixel TFT portion, having a reverse stagger type n-channel TFT, and a storage capacitor can be realized.
TERMINAL PORTION PIXEL TFT PORTION CAPACITOR PORTION