(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: Us 7,808,489 B2
Maritzen et al. (45) Date of Patent: *Oct. 5,2010
(54) SYSTEM AND METHOD OF SECURE TOUCH SCREEN INPUT AND DISPLAY
(75) Inventors: Michael Maritzen, Fremont, CA (US);
Harold Aaron Ludtke, San Jose, CA
(73) Assignees: Sony Corporation, Tokyo (JP); Sony
Electronics Inc., Park Ridge, NJ (US)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this
patent is extended or adjusted under 35
U.S.C. 154(b) by 1305 days.
This patent is subject to a terminal dis-
(21) Appl.No.: 11/186,667
(22) Filed: Jul. 20, 2005
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2005/0249383 Al Nov. 10, 2005
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 10/109,490, filed on Mar. 27, 2002, now Pat. No. 6,940,492.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/294,932, filed on May 30, 2001.
(51) Int. CI.
G09G 5/00 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 345/173; 178/18.01; 382/115
(58) Field of Classification Search 345/173,
345/8, 9, 169, 170, 205, 214; 382/115, 103, 382/116; 235/380; 200/313,317; 178/18.01 See application file for complete search history.
(56) References Cited
U.S. PATENT DOCUMENTS
A system and method for viewing, entering, and editing information through a transparent screen are described. The invention allows a user to interactively view, enter, and edit information on a transparent window. In one embodiment, the window display device includes a transparent media configured for allowing the user to see through the transparent media; a display module coupled to the transparent media wherein the display module is configured for displaying information to the user; and an input module coupled to the transparent media wherein the input module is configured for receiving an input from the user, wherein the user is capable of viewing through the transparent media while viewing the information.