(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2002/0159765 Al
Maruyama et al. (43) Pub. Date: Oct. 31,2002
(54) INFORMATION RECORDING MEDIUM,
METHOD FOR RECORDING
INFORMATION, AND METHOD FOR
(76) Inventors: Kqji Maruyama, Yokohama-shi (JP);
Yoshiyuki Ishizawa, Yokohama-shi
(JP); Hideo Ando, Tokyo (JP); Shinichi
Kikuchi, Yokohama-shi (JP); Kazuhiko
Taira, Yokohama-shi (JP)
OBLON SPIVAK MCCLELLAND MAIER &
1755 JEFFERSON DAVIS HIGHWAY
ARLINGTON, VA 22202 (US)
(21) Appl. No.: 10/175,407
(22) Filed: Jun. 20, 2002
Related U.S. Application Data
(62) Division of application No. 10/125,599, filed on Apr. 19, 2002, which is a division of application No.
09/233,027, filed on Jan. 20, 1999, now Pat. No. 6,385,389.
(30) Foreign Application Priority Data
Jan. 21, 1998 (JP) 10-009903
(51) Int. CI.7 II04N 5/781
(52) U.S. CI 386/95; 386/98; 386/125
An information recording medium includes a first area (DA2) for storing picture data for forming a plurality of pictures, a second area (DA21) which is included in the first area and stores control data of the picture data, and a third area (INFOl) which is included in the second area and stores specifying data for specifying the storage position of representative picture data for forming a representative picture in the plurality of pictures.