(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: us 6,425,825 Bi
Sitrick (45) Date of Patent: *Jul. 30,2002
(54) USER IMAGE INTEGRATION AND
TRACKING FOR AN AUDIOVISUAL
PRESENTATION SYSTEM AND
(75) Inventor: David H. Sitrick, 820 Burchell,
Highland Park, IL (US) 60035
(73) Assignee: David H. Sitrick, Highland Park, IL (US)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 0 days.
This patent is subject to a terminal disclaimer.
(21) Appl. No.: 09/184,600
(22) Filed: Nov. 2, 1998
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 08/645,678, filed on May 14, 1996, now Pat. No. 5,830,065, which is a continuationin-part of application No. 07/887,715, filed on May 22, 1992, now Pat. No. 5,553,864.
(51) Int. C I. A63F 9/24
(52) U.S. CI 463/31; 463/42
(58) Field of Search 463/1, 30-35,
463/40^14; 345/418, 302, 429-439, 473, 112-118, 147-149
An amusement park entertainment system that integrates an image of a patron into an audiovisual presentation. The patron enters a room where the lighting, sound, and scenery can be controlled. A standardized input sequence is obtained by computer automated/assisted process where user images (video camera input, voice parameters, etc.) prompting the user to provide certain views and voiced statements. Alternatively, photo scan or diskette/CD readers can accept user input image data. A one, two, or three dimensional image data representation of the user images is then generated, including the speech parameters of the patron. The image can later be manipulated to change the appearance of the image. This appearance change includes attire and adding tools relevant to the entertainment area used by the patron. The image can then be smoothly integrated into a preexisting audiovisual presentation, thus making the patron a synthetic actor in the production.
73 Claims, 29 Drawing Sheets