(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2004/0088365 Al
Gadbois et al. (43) Pub. Date: May 6,2004
(54) SERVICE INFORMATION MODEL MAPPING WITH SHARED DIRECTORY TREE REPRESENTATIONS
(75) Inventors: David Gadbois, Austin, TX (US);
Mark Wahl, Austin, TX (US)
ZAGORIN O'BRIEN & GRAHAM, L.L.P.
7600B N. CAPITAL OF TEXAS HWY.
AUSTIN, TX 78731 (US)
(73) Assignee: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
(21) Appl. No.: 10/283,928
(22) Filed: Oct. 30, 2002
(51) Int. CI.7 G06F 15/167; G06F 7/00;
(52) U.S. CI 709/213; 707/10
A method of manipulation of data information trees, and software and systems therefore, allow the mapping of information models for support of markup-oriented registry services. For example, a first business entity may provide a service. Service information regarding the service is stored in a hierarchical directory information tree at a node corresponding to the business entity. Another business entity may desire to provide the service of the first business entity. Service projection information regarding the service offered by the first entity is stored in a hierarchical directory information tree at a node corresponding to the second business entity.