(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: us 6,371,148 Bi
Tripp (45) Date of Patent: Apr. 16,2002
(54) HOSE FEED AND RETRIEVAL SYSTEM RELATED APPLICATIONS
(75) Inventor: Gary R. Tripp, Corbin, KY (US)
(73) Assignee: CertainTeed Corporation, Valley Forge, PA (US)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 0 days.
(21) Appl. No.: 09/706,639
(22) Filed: Nov. 6, 2000
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation-in-part of application No. 09/282,409, filed on Mar. 31, 1999.
(51) Int. C I. F02B 27/00
(52) U.S. CI 137/15.01; 137/355.28;
137/355.2; 137/899; 242/390.8; 242/563.2;
(58) Field of Search 137/355.16, 355.2,
137/355.28, 15.01; 251/129.04; 242/390.8, 563, 563.2, 563.4
(56) References Cited
U.S. PATENT DOCUMENTS
1,489,664 A 4/1924 Dowrelio
A hose extending and retrieval system and method used for loose-fill insulation operations that includes a hose member that is taken-up or fed-out from a hose storage container with a gear mechanism. A hose extending and retrieval system includes a hose member having a helical rib traversing therethrough, a hose storage container comprising an aperture forming a conduit, and a gear mechanism including a first gear and a second gear disposed on opposing sides of the hose member, wherein protrusions on the first and second gears interlock with the helical hose member. The gear mechanism interlocks with a helical component on the outside of the hose to provide sufficient operational impetus.
21 Claims, 3 Drawing Sheets