US 7,401,065 B2 Jul. 15, 2008
(54) SYSTEM FOR DOWNLOADING CONTENTS, AND CLIENT TERMINAL FOR DOWNLOADING CONTENTS FROM CONTENTS SERVER
(75) Inventors: Keiko Watanabe, Tokyo (JP); Jun Sato, Kanagawa-ken (JP); Toru Terauchi,
(73) Assignee: Kabushiki Kaisha Toshiba, Tokyo (JP)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 270 days.
(21) Appl.No.: 11/197,182
(22) Filed: Aug. 4, 2005
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2006/0036573 Al Feb. 16, 2006
(30) Foreign Application Priority Data
Aug. 6,2004 (JP) 2004-231386
(51) Int. CI.
(52) U.S. CI 707/1; 707/10
(58) Field of Classification Search 707/1,
See application file for complete search history.
A download control program of a client terminal transmits a request to a download server, which stores Download Descriptors that include attribution information of contents, for a Download Descriptor, and receives the Download Descriptor from the download server. The download server, before transmitting the Download Descriptor to the client terminal, adds information indicating that there is a difference between a Download Descriptor contained in the request from the client terminal and the Download Descriptor stored in data memory of the download server if the download server detects the difference between them. The client terminal transmits a content download request to a contents server based on the received Download Descriptor.
14 Claims, 14 Drawing Sheets