(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication oo) Pub. No.: US 2007/0287406 Al
Kline (43) Pub. Date: Dec. 13,2007
(54) DATA COMMUNICATION OVER A POWER LINE
(76) Inventor: Paul A. Kline, Gaithersburg, MD (US)
CAPITAL LEGAL GROUP, LLC
1100 River Bay Road
Annapolis, MD 21409 (US)
(21) Appl. No.: 11/696,896
(22) Filed: Apr. 5, 2007
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 11/374,206, filed on Mar. 14, 2006, now Pat. No. 7,218,219, which is a continuation of application No. 10/165,992, filed on Jun. 10, 2002, now Pat. No. 7,042,351, which is a continuation of application No. 10/075,708, filed on Feb. 14, 2002, now Pat. No. 6,933,835.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/268,519, filed on Feb. 14, 2001. Provisional application No. 60/268,578, filed on Feb. 14, 2001.
(51) Int. CI.
H04M 9/00 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 455/402
Data signals are communicated between a power line and a computer, wherein the power line provides power to the computer via a distribution transformer and the computer is in communication with a wireless communication path. A first data signal is communicated with the power line. A conversion is made between the first data signal and a second data signal capable of being communicated wirelessly. The second data signal is wirelessly communicated with the wireless communication path.