(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: us 6,872,138 B2
Akers (45) Date of Patent: Mar. 29,2005
(54) SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR TRACKING GAME OF CHANCE PROCEEDS
(75) Inventor: David J. Akers, University Heights, OH (US)
(73) Assignee: Celeritas, Ltd., Cleveland, OH (US)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 0 days.
(21) Appl. No.: 10/695,326
(22) Filed: Oct. 28, 2003
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2004/0087365 Al May 6, 2004
Related U.S. Application Data
(62) Division of application No. 09/800,162, filed on Mar. 6, 2001, now Pat. No. 6,666,768.
(51) Int. CI. A63F 9/24
(52) U.S. CI 463/29; 463/40
(58) Field of Search 463/25, 29, 40,
(56) References Cited
U.S. PATENT DOCUMENTS
A system and method for tracking game of chance proceeds are provided. The invention includes a point of sale computer electronically communicating registered player purchase information to a sponsor computer. The invention further includes a sponsor computer calculating a registered player set aside based upon the registered player purchase information. The invention further includes the sponsor computer electronically communicating registered player set aside to an account manager with the account manager maintaining registered player account for the benefit of the registered player. The registered player accounts can be personal retirement accounts, medical savings accounts, real estate investment accounts, small business investment accounts and/or educational savings accounts. The invention further comprises methodologies and tools for facilitating game of chance proceed tracking.
6 Claims, 10 Drawing Sheets