(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2002/0035345 Al
Beck (43) Pub. Date: Mar. 21,2002
(54) METHODS AND APPARATUS FOR OCULAR IONTOPHOPESIS
(76) Inventor: Jon E. Beck, Salt Lake City, UT (US)
FACTOR & PARTNERS, LLC
1327 W. WASHINGTON BLVD.
CHICAGO, IL 60607 (US)
(21) Appl. No.: 09/698,299
(22) Filed: Feb. 26, 2001
Related U.S. Application Data
(62) Division ol application No. 09/318,181, filed on May 25, 1999, now Pat. No. 6,319,240.
(51) Int. CI.7 A61N 1/30; A61M 35/00;
(52) U.S. CI 604/20; 604/294; 604/521
An iontophoretic apparatus for ocular iontophoresis comprising a housing element formed to cooperate with the eye. In cooperation with the housing element is a flexible current distribution element that is capable of transmitting electrical current. Coupled to the current distribution element is a conformable medicament containment element that is filled with a medicament which is released under the influence of an electrical current, while a barrier element is provided that is configured to reduce current flow outside of the barrier and aid in the preferential delivery of medicament.