US 7,421,141 B2 Sep.2, 2008
(54) AUTOMATIC IMAGE CORRECTING CIRCUIT
(75) Inventors: Takashi Kurumisawa, Shiojiri (JP);
Masayuki Hayashi, Shiojiri (JP)
(73) Assignee: Seiko Epson Corporation (JP)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 426 days.
(21) Appl.No.: 11/204,988
(22) Filed: Aug. 17, 2005
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2006/0045373 Al Mar. 2, 2006
(30) Foreign Application Priority Data
Sep. 1,2004 (JP) 2004-254802
(51) Int. CI.
G06K 9/40 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 382/254; 358/487; 364/571.04
(58) Field of Classification Search 382/254,
382/160, 228 See application file for complete search history.
(56) References Cited
A automatic image correcting circuit includes a plurality of image correcting blocks each of which has a sum data calculating unit calculating sum data based on gray-scale values of input image data and an image correcting unit correcting the input image data based on a statistical value, and a statistical value calculating unit that calculates the statistical value based on sum data outputted from the plurality of image correcting blocks.
8 Claims, 9 Drawing Sheets