(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (i0) Pub. No.: US 2009/0108063 Al
Jain et al. (43) Pub. Date: Apr. 30,2009
(54) WIRELESSLY COMMUNICATING RADIO FREQUENCY SIGNALS
(76) Inventors: Deepak Jain, Garland, TX (US);
Tuan Quoc Dao, Richardson, TX
(US); Amitaabh Malhotra,
Redwood City, CA (US)
FISH & RICHARDSON P.C.
P.O. BOX 1022
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55440-1022 (US)
(21) Appl.No.: 12/272,527
(22) Filed: Nov. 17, 2008
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation-in-part of application No. 12/209,087, filed on Sep. 11,2008.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/971,813, filed on Sep. 12, 2007.
(51) Int. CI.
G06Q 20/00 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 235/380; 235/492
The present disclosure is directed to a system and method for wirelessly communicating Radio Frequency (RF) signals. In some implementations, a microSD payment system includes an antenna element and a card element. The antenna element affixes to a surface of a mobile device and includes antenna for wireless communicating RF signals with retail terminals and a connection to a microSD card element. The card element includes a shape and dimensions approximately equal to a standard microSD card and wirelessly executes transactions with the retail terminals using the antenna of the antenna element.