(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: us 6,363,837 Bi
Sham et al. (45) Date of Patent: Apr. 2,2002
(54) JUICE EXTRACTOR AND BEVERAGE MIXER APPARATUS
(76) Inventors: John C. K. Sham, c/o Pentalpha Hong Kong Limited, 12/F. Kin Teck Industrial Building, 26 Wong Chuk Hang Road, Aberdeen (HK); Kumkit Kunavongvorakul, 889 Thai C.C. Tower, 18th Floor, Rm 183 South Sathorn Road, Yannawa, Sathorn Bangkok (TH), 10120
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term ol this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 0 days.
(21) Appl. No.: 09/578,091
(22) Filed: May 24, 2000
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation-in-part of application No. 09/212,102, filed on Dec. 15, 1998, now Pat. No. 6,070,519.
(51) Int. CI.7 A47J 43/14; A23N 1/00
(52) U.S. CI 99/348; 99/357; 99/492;
(58) Field of Search 99/348, 503, 501,
99/502, 492, 357, 505, 506, 508
(56) References Cited
U.S. PATENT DOCUMENTS
A juice extractor module includes a cover and a juice extractor fluted dome and pulp filter which filters the extracted juice. A second module is formed by a pitcher. The juice flows into the pitcher through the pulp filter of the first module. Apaddle depends from a third module and is driven by a motor and gears simultaneously with the extractor, for mixing the extracted juice and other ingredients such as water, sweeteners, etc. The third module contains the motor, drive gears and switch in substantial fluid isolation from the first and second compartments, for driving the paddle and the juice extractor. Different extractors may be attached for different size fruits. A lid may be attached over the pitcher for juice/beverage storage.
33 Claims, 12 Drawing Sheets