(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: us 6,513,967 B2
Masip et al. (45) Date of Patent: Feb. 4,2003
(54) SAFETY DEVICE FOR A JUG BLENDER
(75) Inventors: Josep-Maria Masip, Sant Cugat del Valles (ES); Jose Luis Roman, Sant Just Desvern (ES); Robert Rafols, Sant Fost de Campcentelles (ES); Mariano Penaranda, Barcelona (ES)
(73) Assignee: Braun GmbH (DE)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 0 days.
(21) Appl. No.: 09/954,741
(22) Filed: Sep. 17, 2001
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2002/0012288 Al Jan. 31, 2002
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation ol application No. PCT/EP00/02126, filed on Mar. 10, 2000.
(30) Foreign Application Priority Data
Mar. 22, 1999 (DE) 199 12 750
(51) Int. CI.7 A47J 43/046
(52) U.S. CI 366/205; 366/206; 241/37.5
(58) Field of Search 366/96-98, 197,
366/199, 205, 206, 314, 601; 99/348; 241/37.5
The invention is directed to a safety device for a jug blender that has a blender jug (10) adapted for seating engagement with a base (7) equipped with a drive motor. The safety device includes two vertically movable actuating pins (1) arranged in spaced relation to each other and projecting upwardly through the wall of the base (7), and the blender jug (10) has actuating points (11) cooperating therewith which, with the blender jug (10) properly assembled, urge the two actuating pins (1) simultaneously and evenly horizontally in downward direction in order to thus close the circuit supplying the drive motor. Any improper handling or activation of the motor with the blender jug (10) not properly positioned is avoided by connecting actuating members with the actuating pins (1) in the base (7) in such manner that a safety switch does not close unless the pins (1) are urged down evenly and at the same time horizontally.
13 Claims, 3 Drawing Sheets