(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2004/0193253 Al
Thorpe et al. (43) Pub. Date: Sep. 30,2004
(54) REPLACEMENT VENOUS VALVE
(76) Inventors: Patricia E Thorpe, Iowa City, IA (US);
Francisco J Osse, Sao Paulo (BR)
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY GROUP
FREDRIKSON & BYRON, PA.
200 SOUTH SIXTH STREET
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55402 (US)
(21) Appl. No.: 10/476,363
(22) PCT Filed: Apr. 30, 2002 (86) PCT No.: PCT/US02/13640
Related U.S. Application Data
(62) Division ol application No. 60/287,519, filed on Apr. 30, 2001, and which is a division ol application No. 60/312,814, filed on Aug. 16, 2001.
(51) Int. CI.7 A611- 2/06
(52) U.S. CI 623/1.24; 623/2.14
A replacement venous valve comprises a pair ol support wings and a pair ol valve wings. The valve wings are designed to deploy first from a catheter deployment device and provide stability while the support wings then deploy. The valve wings support the venous valve material and the support wings maintain patency ol the vein above the valve while simultaneously anchoring the location and orientation ol the valve.