(54) SPEECH RECOGNITION APPARATUS AND SPEECH RECOGNITION METHOD
(75) Inventor: Yasuharu Asano, Kanagawa (JP)
(73) Assignee: Sony Corporation, Tokyo (JP)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 0 days.
(21) Appl. No.: 11/362,331
(22) Filed: Feb. 24, 2006
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2006/0143006 Al Jun. 29, 2006
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 10/451,285, filed as application No. PCT/JP02/10868 on Oct. 21, 2002, now Pat. No. 7,031,917.
(30) Foreign Application Priority Data
Oct. 22, 2001 (JP) P2001-323012
(51) Int. CI.
(52) U.S. CI 704/238; 704/231; 704/243
(58) Field of Classification Search 704/276,
704/231, 238, 246, 250, 243, 247, 252, 270, 704/275, 270.1 See application file for complete search history.
The present invention relates to a speech recognition apparatus and a speech recognition method for speech recognition with improved accuracy. A distance calculator 47 determines the distance from a microphone 21 to a user uttering. Data indicating the determined distance is supplied to a speech recognition unit 41B. The speech recognition unit 41B has plural sets of acoustic models produced from speech data obtained by capturing speeches uttered at various distances. From those sets of acoustic models, the speech recognition unit 41B selects a set of acoustic models produced from speech data uttered at a distance closest to the distance determined by the distance calculator 47, and the speech recognition unit 41B performs speech recognition using the selected set of acoustic models.
4 Claims, 14 Drawing Sheets