(54) BINDER AND FIBER GLASS PRODUCT FROM MAILLARD REACTANTS
(75) Inventors: Brian Lee Swift, Morristown, IN (US);
Ruijian Xu, Indianapolis, IN (US);
Ronald E. Kissell, Shelbyville, IN (US)
(73) Assignee: Knauf Insulation GmbH, Shelbyville, IN (US)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 0 days.
This patent is subject to a terminal disclaimer.
(21) Appl.No.: 11/657,911
(22) Filed: Jan. 25, 2007
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2007/0123679 Al May 31, 2007
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 11/493,080, filed on Jul. 26, 2006.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/702,456, filed on Jul. 26, 2005, provisional application No. 60/743,071, filed on Dec. 22, 2005.
The present disclosure is directed to cured and uncured binders useful in the fabrication of products from loosely assembled fibers. For example, the disclosure describes cured and uncured binders useful in the fabrication of products from loosely assembled glass fibers. The disclosure also describes methods of fabricating products from loosely assembled fibers utilizing the aforementioned binders.
14 Claims, 6 Drawing Sheets