« PreviousContinue »
(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2005/0037000 Al
Stavenhagen et al. (43) Pub. Date: Feb. 17,2005
(54) IDENTIFICATION AND ENGINEERING OF ANTIBODIES WITH VARIANT FC REGIONS AND METHODS OF USING SAME
(75) Inventors: Jeffrey Stavenhagen, Brookville, MD (US); Sujata Vijh, Gaithersburg, MD (US); Christopher Rankin, Clarksburg, MD (US); Sergey Gorlatov, Gaithersburg, MD (US); Ling Huang, Gaithersburg, MD (US)
222 EAST 41ST ST
NEW YORK, NY 10017 (US)
(73) Assignee: MacroGenics, Inc.
(21) Appl. No.: 10/754,922
(22) Filed: Jan. 9, 2004
Related U.S. Application Data
(60) Provisional application No. 60/439,498, filed on Jan. 9,2003. Provisional application No. 60/456,041, filed
on Mar. 19,2003. Provisional application No. 60/514, 549, filed on Oct. 23, 2003.
(51) Int. CI.7 A61K 39/395; C07K 16/44
(52) U.S. CI 424/141.1; 530/387.3
The present invention relates to molecules, particularly polypeptides, more particularly immunoglobulins (e.g., antibodies), comprising a variant Fc region, wherein said variant Fc region comprises at least one amino acid modification relative to a wild-type Fc region, which variant Fc region binds FcyRIIA and/or FcyRIIA with a greater affinity, relative to a comparable molecule comprising the wild-type Fc region. The molecules of the invention are particularly useful in preventing, treating, or ameliorating one or more symptoms associated with a disease, disorder, or infection. The molecules of the invention are particularly useful for the treatment or prevention of a disease or disorder where an enhanced efficacy of effector cell function (e.g., ADCC) mediated by FcyR is desired, e.g., cancer, infectious disease, and in enhancing the therapeutic efficacy of therapeutic antibodies the effect of which is mediated by ADCC.
0 H 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 r
0 0.25 0.5 1 1.9 3.8 7.5 15 30 60