(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: us 6,638,164 B2
Randall et al. (45) Date of Patent: *Oct. 28,2003
(54) GAMING DEVICE HAVING MULTIPLE AWARD ENHANCING LEVELS
(75) Inventors: Dov L. Randall, Whitefield (GB);
Peter Gerrard, Prestwich (GB)
(73) Assignee: IGT, Reno, NV (US)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term ol this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 0 days.
This patent is subject to a terminal disclaimer.
(21) Appl. No.: 09/966,956
(22) Filed: Sep. 28, 2001
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2002/0022514 Al Feb. 21, 2002
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation ol application No. 09/626,720, filed on Jul. 27, 2000, now Pat. No. 6,328,649.
(51) Int. C I. A63F 13/00
(52) U.S. CI 463/20; 273/138.1; 273/143 R
(58) Field of Search 463/16-21; 273/138.1,
(56) References Cited
U.S. PATENT DOCUMENTS
The present invention provides an interactive, ongoing bonus game that operates at the same time as a base game of a gaming device and thereby enhances a player's award. The present invention provides one or more graduating multiplier or modifier displays, wherein the displays designate a position of value for each modifier. When certain symbols or combinations of symbols appear on the reels of the gaming device, the present invention modifies either the player's base game wager or a base game payout by the designated value of one of the modifiers. When certain other symbols or combinations of symbols appear on the reels of the gaming device, the present invention increases the designated value position for one or more of the modifiers.
73 Claims, 7 Drawing Sheets