(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2005/0033511 Al
Pechatnikov et al. (43) Pub. Date: Feb. 10,2005
(54) DYNAMIC NAVIGATION SYSTEM
(75) Inventors: Michael Pechatnikov, Tel Aviv (IL);
Michael Menachem Kupferman,
Zichron Yaakov (IL); Omry Yadan,
Mitzpe Ramon (IL); Ilya Eckstein,
Ashdod (IL); Alexander Fagin, Lod
(IL); Oren Nissim, Raanana (IL)
LADAS & PARRY
26 WEST 61ST STREET
NEW YORK, NY 10023 (US)
(73) Assignee: TELMAP LTD.
(21) Appl. No.: 10/934,047
(22) Filed: Sep. 3, 2004
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation ol application No. 10/426,947, filed on Apr. 30, 2003.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/377,019, filed on Apr. 30, 2002.
(51) Int. CI.7 G01C 21 34
(52) U.S. CI 701/210; 701/209; 340/995.19
A method for navigation includes storing map data on a server, the map data including vector information delineating roads in a map. A portion ol the vector information corresponding to an area in which a user ol a mobile client device is traveling is downloaded from the server to the client device. Approximate position coordinates ol the user are found using a location providing device associated with the client device and are corrected in the client device, using the downloaded vector information, so as to determine a location ol the user on one ol the roads in the map. A navigation aid is provided to the user ol the client device based on the determined location.