(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication oo) Pub. No.: US 2006/0069779 Al
Sundqvist et al. (43) Pub. Date: Mar. 30,2006
(54) METHOD FOR, AND A TOPOLOGY AWARE RESOURCE MANAGER IN AN IP-TELEPHONY SYSTEM
(75) Inventors: Jim Sundqvist, Lulea (SE); Anders Larsson, Lulea (SE); Joakim Norrgard, Lulea (SE); Olov Schelen,
YOUNG & THOMPSON
745 SOUTH 23RD STREET
ARLINGTON, VA 22202 (US)
(73) Assignee: OPERAX AB, LULEA (SE)
(21) Appl. No.: 11/266,352
(22) Filed: Nov. 4, 2005
Related U.S. Application Data
(62) Division of application No. 10/363,628, filed on Jun. 5, 2003, filed as 371 of international application No. PCT/SE01/01876, filed on Sep. 3, 2001.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/229,544, filed on Sep. 5, 2000.
(51) Int. CI.
G06F 15/173 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 709/225
A method and arrangement in a communications network. The object is to provide a way of handling recourse management issues and admission control within an IP telephony system. The object is achieved by a topology aware resource manager collecting routing information concerning the IP network, obtaining resource information concerning resources within the IP network, creating a resource map by combing the routing information and resource information, and performing recourse management issues and admission control within the system by the resource map and by interacting with a gatekeeper.