(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2002/0159428 Al
De et al. (43) Pub. Date: Oct. 31,2002
(54) SINGLE USER DETECTION BASE STATION
(75) Inventors: Parthapratim De, Farmingdale, NY
(US); Ariela Zeira, Huntington, NY
(US); Jung-Lin Pan, Selden, NY (US);
Raj Mani Misra, Brooklyn, NY (US)
VOLPE AND KOENIG, PC
SUITE 400, ONE PENN CENTER
1617 JOHN F. KENNEDY BOULEVARD
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19103 (US)
(73) Assignee: InterDigital Technology Corporation,
(21) Appl. No.: 10/080,045
(22) Filed: Feb. 21, 2002
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation ol application No. 10/052,943, filed on Nov. 7, 2001.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/246,947, filed on Nov. 9, 2000.
(51) Int. CI.7 I HUB 7/216
(52) U.S. CI 370/342; 370/441
A code division multiple access base station is used in receiving a plurality of data signals over a shared spectrum. Each received data signal experiences a similar channel response. A combined signal of the received data signals is received over the shared spectrum. The combined signal is sampled at a multiple of the chip rate. A channel response is estimated. Across correlation matrix is determined using the estimated channel response. The spread data vector is determined using order recursions by determining a first spread data estimate using an element from the cross correlation matrix and recursively determining further estimates using additional elements of the cross correlation matrix. Data of the data signals is estimated using the spread data vector.