(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: us 6,338,503 Bi
Hollander (45) Date of Patent: Jan. 15,2002
(54) PROMOTIONAL DISPLAY STRUCTURE AND METHOD
(75) Inventor: Milton Bernard Hollander, Stamford, CT (US)
(73) Assignee: Omega Engineering, Inc., Stamford, CT (US)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 0 days.
(21) Appl. No.: 09/263,458
(22) Filed: Mar. 5, 1999
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation-in-part of application No. 08/740,604, filed on Oct. 31, 1996, now Pat. No. 5,890,741.
(51) Int. CI.7 B42D 1/00; G03B 25/00
(52) U.S. CI 283/62; 283/51; 283/61;
283/56; 283/67; 283/70; 281/221; 273/269;
352/50; 352/51; 352/52
(58) Field of Search 283/56, 51, 67,
283/70, 61, 62; 281/221; 273/269; 352/52,
(56) References Cited
U.S. PATENT DOCUMENTS
964,967 A * 7/1910 Hallam 283/70
1,374,501 A * 4/1921 Greig 283/62
A promotional display structure has a plurality of elongate strips of stiff but bendable material assembled in a pack with their obverse and reverse faces alternating in the pack, the first face having textual display including promotional matter and in some cases also cartoon matter, the second face having illustrative cartoon matter and in some cases also promotional matter, the pages of the pack being releasably connected at one end of their elongation, for example by gumming or other form of binding, and being readily detachable by hand from the remainder of the pack. One or more lines of weakness may be formed in the strips, for example by perforation or crimping, to facilitate folding of a part of the strip against the remainder of the strip, and a releasable fastening may be provided to retain that part in the folded condition. There are also provided a method of forming the promotional display structure, and a method of disassembly thereof.
1 Claim, 3 Drawing Sheets