(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2002/0065566 Al
Aronson et al. (43) Pub. Date: May 30,2002
(54) SYSTEMS AND METHODS FOR PROVIDING FIXED-ODDS AND PARI-MUTUEL WAGERING
(75) Inventors: Thomas L. Aronson, Boulder, CO
(US); Richard E. McNutt, Lafayette,
FISH & NEAVE
1251 AVENUE OF THE AMERICAS
NEW YORK, NY 10020-1105 (US) (73) Assignee: ODS Properties, Inc.
(21) Appl. No.: 09/996,050
(22) Filed: Nov. 28, 2001
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Non-provisional of provisional application No. 60/253,586, filed on Nov. 28, 2000.
(51) Int. CI.7 A63F 13/00
(52) U.S. CI 700/91; 700/92; 463/25; 463/29;
The present invention provides systems and methods for providing a user with the ability to submit a wager to a fixed-odds book or a pari-mutuel pool using an interactive wagering application. A conditional wagering option is provided. When the user selects a conditional wagering option, the interactive wagering application may automatically submit the wager to an alternative wager option (e.g., a fixed-odds book or a pari-mutuel pool) if the wager is rejected by the user's selected wager option. The interactive wagering application may notify the user of the status of the submitted wager.