(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication oo) Pub. No.: US 2006/0166655 Al
Montemer (43) Pub. Date: Jul. 27,2006
(54) METHODS AND SYSTEM FOR ENHANCED DIRECTORY ASSISTANCE USING WIRELESS MESSAGING PROTOCOLS
(75) Inventor: William A. Montemer, (US)
VAN PELT, YI & JAMES LLP
10050 N. FOOTHILL BLVD #200
CUPERTINO, CA 95014 (US)
(73) Assignee: Interchange Corporation
(21) Appl. No.: 11/388,350
(22) Filed: Mar. 23, 2006
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 10/630,247, filed on Jul. 30, 2003.
(51) Int. CI.
H04Q 7/38 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 455/414.1
Directory assistance provides telephone number look up services to callers based on the business or caller name as listed in a telephone directory. In the prior art, directory assistance provides a value-added service to telephone users and an expense that must be charged back to telephone callers or absorbed by telephone carriers. In enhanced directory assistance (EDA) services as described in the disclosure, EDA is further developed to deliver a keyword targeted advertising service to telephone listing owners and advertisers. The present invention provides a method and system to extend EDA services to the wireless messaging systems used by telecommunications operators. The invention further discloses methods to support both one-way and twoway communications on these devices, as well as systems to support the distributed EDA Transaction business model.