(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2003/0216160 Al
Yokoi (43) Pub. Date: Nov. 20,2003
(54) BREEDING SIMULATION APPARATUS FOR VIRTUAL CREATURES
(76) Inventor: Akihiro Yokoi, Tokyo (JP)
Mitchell P. Brook, Esq.
11988 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130 (US)
(21) Appl. No.: 10/440,563
(22) Filed: May 16, 2003
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 09/767,012, filed on Jan. 22, 2001, now abandoned, which is a continuation-in-part of application No. 08/803,197, filed on Feb. 19, 1997, now Pat. No. 6,213,871.
(51) Int. CI.7 G06F 17/00; G06F 19/00
(52) U.S. CI 463/1
It is a purpose of this invention to provide a simulation for breeding a virtual creature for growing the virtual creature while disciplining or training the virtual creature by treatments in respect of breeding applied by a player to the virtual creature in a screen. The apparatus is provided with mark display units 17 and 19 individually displaying a plurality of kinds of the treatments in respect of breeding the virtual creature individually by marks 17a, 17b, 17c . . . , 19a, 19b, 19c, . . . and is provided with key switches SW1, SW2 and SW3 for inputting a corresponding one of the treatments by selecting a specific mark from the plurality of marks. It has a storing unit for storing control data in respect of breeding the virtual creature and a control unit whereby when one of the treatments for breeding the virtual creature is inputted by operating the key switches SW1, SW2 and SW3, the control data in correspondence therewith is read from the storing unit and a control processing in respect of breeding the virtual creature is conducted based on the read control data, and a virtual creature display unit for displaying the fostered virtual creature.