(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2005/0050477 Al
Robertson et al. (43) Pub. Date: Mar. 3,2005
(54) DISPLAY AND MANAGEMENT OF DATA
WITHIN HIERARCHIES AND POLYARCHIES
(75) Inventors: George G. Robertson, Seattle, WA
(US); Kim Cameron, Bellevue, WA
(US); Mary P. Czerwinski,
Woodinville, WA (US); Daniel C.
Robbins, Seattle, WA (US)
LEE & HAYES PLLC
421 W RIVERSIDE AVENUE SUITE 500
SPOKANE, WA 99201
(73) Assignee: Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, WA (US)
(21) Appl. No.: 10/965,520
(22) Filed: Oct. 14, 2004
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 09/728,935, filed on Nov. 29, 2000.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/219,796, filed on Jul. 19, 2000.
(51) Int. CI.7 G09G 5 00
(52) U.S. CI 715/853; 715/854; 715/764;
715/781; 715/788; 715/835;
Systems and methods for displaying and managing data in hierarchies and polyarchies of information are described. In one aspect, an object having first and second intersecting hierarchies is specified. The object is illustrated with respect to the first hierarchy. A second intersecting hierarchy selection option is presented to a user to illustrate the object with respect to the second intersecting hierarchy in response to user selection.