(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2004/0166433 Al
Dammel et al. (43) Pub. Date: Aug. 26,2004
(54) PHOTORESIST COMPOSITION FOR DEEP ULTRAVIOLET LITHOGRAPHY
(76) Inventors: Ralph R. Dammel, Flemington, NJ
(US); Raj Sakamuri, Sharon, MA (US)
70 Meister Avenue
Somerville, NJ 08876 (US)
(21) Appl. No.: 10/658,840
(22) Filed: Dec. 17, 2003
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation-in-part of application No. 10/371,262, filed on Feb. 21, 2003.
(51) Int. CI.7 G03F 7/021; G03F 7/30
(52) U.S. CI 430/176; 430/270.1; 430/326;
The present invention relates to a photoresist composition comprising a photoacid generator and at least one polymer comprising at least one unit as described by structure 1,
The invention also relates to a process for imaging the photoresist composition of the present invention, and to a process of making the polymer in the presence of an organic base.