(54) METHOD AND APPARATUS FOR BONUS ROUND PLAY
(75) Inventors: Jay S. Walker, Ridgefield, CT (US);
James A. Jorasch, Stamford, CT (US);
Russell P. Sammon, San Francisco, CA
(73) Assignee: IGT, Reno, NV (US)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 0 days.
(21) Appl.No.: 11/425,296
(22) Filed: Jun. 20, 2006
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2006/0226596 Al Oct. 12, 2006
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 10/414,511, filed on Apr. 15, 2003, now Pat. No. 7,275,990.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/373,748, filed on Apr. 18, 2002.
Methods and apparatus are provided for enabling a player to take a tour of a secondary game at a game machine. In one embodiment, a method is provided that includes offering to enable entry of a player into a bonus round of a game machine in exchange for a fee, receiving the fee from the player, and enabling entry of the player into the bonus round. The method further includes receiving an indication of at least one player selection during the bonus round, and determining an outcome based on the at least one player selection. In other embodiments, the method includes providing a prize to the player based on the outcome.
14 Claims, 11 Drawing Sheets