(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2006/0019701 Al
Ji (43) Pub. Date: Jan. 26,2006
(54) RESTRICTIVE REUSE SET MANAGEMENT
(75) Inventor: Tingfang Ji, San Diego, CA (US)
5775 MOREHOUSE DR.
SAN DIEGO, CA 92121 (US)
(73) Assignee: QUALCOMM Incorporated
(21) Appl. No.: 11/021,189
(22) Filed: Dec. 22, 2004
Related U.S. Application Data
(60) Provisional application No. 60/590,549, filed on Jul. 23, 2004.
(51) Int. CI.
H04Q 7/20 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. C I 455/553.1
A restrictive reuse set management algorithm for equal grade ol service on a forward link (FL) transmission is described. While a restrictive reuse algorithm is known to improve the SINR of weak users in interference limited networks, the fairness issue associated with restrictive reuse has not been explored. Hie bandwidth allocated to each reuse set, the reuse set loading and the harmonic mean of the spectral efficiencies of all users sharing the reuse set are used to estimate the equal-grade-of-service (EGoS) user throughput over the reuse set. An iterative algorithm is then designed to maximize the sector throughput under the constraint of equal user throughput over all reuse sets.