502. IF there is a remote history file matching the host history file name
503. IF the remote history file time stamp matches the history file time stamp
504. LOAD the remote history file into the remote workspace
506. REMOVE the non-matching history file
507. Proceed with the empty workspace, all records passed to host
510. Proceed with the empty workspace, all records passed to host
512. FOR each record in the remote database
513. Translate and load data field values and unique ID into remote workspace
514. Compute a hash value to represent all translated data values
515. IF the unique ID matches the unique ID of aa existing remote history file entry,
516. rF the hash value is the same
517. Skip this entry, the host will recreate this record from history
519. Send Unique ID, field values and "Changed" record flag to the host
520. Create new workspace entry with same unique ID and new hash value
521. This new entry is marked as "unacknowledged"
524. Send Unique ID, field values and "Added" record flag to the host
525. Create new workspace entry with new unique ID and new hash value
526. This new entry is marked as "unacknowledged"
529. FOR each unique ID in the remote history file not matched in the above loop,
530. Send Unique ID and "Deleted" flag to the host
532. WAIT for host to synchronize the data and for user to confirm results
533. IF user has aborted the synchronization
534. The remote workspace is discarded.
535. The original remote history file remains unmodified.
536. The process is terminated.
538. FOR each record "action" or "acknowledgment" received from the host,
539. IF this is an acknowledgment of a record Added or Updated in the remote database,
540. Mark any corresponding, newly created workspace item as "acknowledged" 541 Remove any prior workspace item with the same unique ID
542. ELSE IF this is a new action to Add, Update, or Delete a remote database record
543. UPDATE remote workspace to reflect the appropriate change
544. Mark any corresponding, newly created workspace item as "acknowledged"
545. Remove any prior workspace item with the same unique ID
546. IF this is an Add
547. SEND the new unique ID back to the host to include in history file
551. REMOVE any newly create, but "unacknowledged" entries from the workspace * 5 2 UPDATE the remote history file from the remote workspace