An interactive linkage between a search engine and dynamic pricing content available on a computer network can be provided by organizing links to dynamic pricing information (e.g., bid/ask pricing information) on the computer network into a predetermined taxonomy, and providing to the search engine a mapping between search requests and the predetermined taxonomy. The mapping includes reference pointers to dynamic pricing content that can be returned in response to search requests at the search engine. Accordingly, in response to a search request at the search engine, a reference pointer (e.g., an interactive link, a URL, a meta-tag and/or an index into a database) to dynamic pricing information corresponding to the search request can be returned.
|US5136501||May 26, 1989||Aug 4, 1992||Reuters Limited||Anonymous matching system|
|US5594732||Mar 3, 1995||Jan 14, 1997||Intecom, Incorporated||Bridging and signalling subsystems and methods for private and hybrid communications systems including multimedia systems|
|US5752238||Nov 3, 1994||May 12, 1998||Intel Corporation||Consumer-driven electronic information pricing mechanism|
|US5842040||Jun 18, 1996||Nov 24, 1998||Storage Technology Corporation||Policy caching method and apparatus for use in a communication device based on contents of one data unit in a subset of related data units |
|US5845265||Nov 7, 1995||Dec 1, 1998||MercExchange, L.L.C.||Consignment nodes|
|US5864823||Jun 25, 1997||Jan 26, 1999||Virtel Corporation||Integrated virtual telecommunication system for E-commerce|
|US5870717||Nov 13, 1995||Feb 9, 1999||International Business Machines Corporation||System for ordering items over computer network using an electronic catalog|
|US5878400||Jun 17, 1996||Mar 2, 1999||Trilogy Development Group, Inc.||Method and apparatus for pricing products in multi-level product and organizational groups|
|US5878423||Apr 21, 1997||Mar 2, 1999||Bellsouth Corporation||Dynamically processing an index to create an ordered set of questions|
|US5890138||Aug 26, 1996||Mar 30, 1999||Bid.Com International Inc.||Computer auction system|
|US5896379||Aug 26, 1996||Apr 20, 1999||Motorola, Inc.||Network node for packet switching with selective data processing and method therefor|
|US5903647||Jun 7, 1995||May 11, 1999||Digital River, Inc.||Self-launching encrypted digital information distribution system|
|US5933813||Apr 15, 1996||Aug 3, 1999||Eldat Communication Ltd.||Sales promotion data processor system and interactive changeable display particularly useful therein|
|US5946467||Nov 7, 1996||Aug 31, 1999||Novell, Inc.||Application-level, persistent packeting apparatus and method|
|US5987425||Oct 10, 1997||Nov 16, 1999||United Hardware Distributing Company||Variable margin pricing system|
|US6029141||Jun 27, 1997||Feb 22, 2000||Amazon.com, Inc.||Internet-based customer referral system|
|US6055573||Jan 7, 1999||Apr 25, 2000||SuperMarkets Online, Inc.||Communicating with a computer based on an updated purchase behavior classification of a particular consumer|
|US6061660||Mar 18, 1998||May 9, 2000||York Eggleston||System and method for incentive programs and award fulfillment|
|US6123737||May 21, 1997||Sep 26, 2000||Symantec Corporation||Push deployment of software packages using notification transports|
|US6195647||Sep 26, 1996||Feb 27, 2001||The Nasdaq Stock Market, Inc.||On-line transaction processing system for security trading|
|US6205432||Nov 16, 1998||Mar 20, 2001||Creative Internet Concepts, LLC||Background advertising system|
|US6259699||Dec 30, 1997||Jul 10, 2001||Nexabit Networks, LLC||System architecture for and method of processing packets and/or cells in a common switch|
|US6272474||Feb 8, 1999||Aug 7, 2001||Method for monitoring and trading stocks via the internet displaying bid/ask trade bars|
|US6282516||Jun 1, 1999||Aug 28, 2001||Catalina Marketing International, Inc.||Process, system and computer readable medium for in-store printing of discount coupons and/or other purchasing incentives in various departments within a retail store|
|US6292786||Aug 11, 1999||Sep 18, 2001||Incentech, Inc.||Method and system for generating incentives based on substantially real-time product purchase information|
|US6336105||Nov 16, 1998||Jan 1, 2002||Trade Access Inc.||System and method for representing data and providing electronic non-repudiation in a negotiations system|
|US6336138||Aug 25, 1998||Jan 1, 2002||Hewlett-Packard Company||Template-driven approach for generating models on network services|
|US6377937||May 28, 1998||Apr 23, 2002||Paskowitz Associates||Method and system for more effective communication of characteristics data for products and services|
|US6397212||Mar 4, 1999||May 28, 2002||Peter Biffar||Self-learning and self-personalizing knowledge search engine that delivers holistic results|
|US6415270||Nov 15, 1999||Jul 2, 2002||Omnihub, Inc.||Multiple auction coordination method and system|
|US6427132||Aug 31, 1999||Jul 30, 2002||Accenture LLP||System, method and article of manufacture for demonstrating E-commerce capabilities via a simulation on a network|
|US6986155||Jul 12, 2000||Jan 10, 2006||Sun Microsystems, Inc.||Methods and apparatus for selecting multicast IP data transmitted in broadcast streams|
|US7076445||Sep 29, 2000||Jul 11, 2006||System and methods for obtaining advantages and transacting the same in a computer gaming environment|
|US7107227||Mar 29, 1999||Sep 12, 2006||Amazon.com, Inc.||Method and system for publicizing commercial transactions on a computer network|
|US7305436||Aug 22, 2003||Dec 4, 2007||SAP Aktiengesellschaft||User collaboration through discussion forums|
|US7360697||Nov 18, 2004||Apr 22, 2008||Vendavo, Inc.||Methods and systems for making pricing decisions in a price management system|
|US7483883||May 3, 2005||Jan 27, 2009||Kayak Software Corporation||Incremental presentation of search results from multiple suppliers|
|US7512561||May 3, 2006||Mar 31, 2009||Trading Technologies International, Inc.||Method, apparatus and interface for trading multiple tradeable objects|
|US7523064||Sep 30, 2004||Apr 21, 2009||Trading Technologies International, Inc.||System and method for facilitating trading of multiple tradeable objects in an electronic trading environment|
|US7529685||Oct 23, 2001||May 5, 2009||MD Datacor, Inc.||System, method, and apparatus for storing, retrieving, and integrating clinical, diagnostic, genomic, and therapeutic data|
|US7530020||Aug 28, 2006||May 5, 2009||Computer graphic display visualization system and method|
|US7571134||Sep 30, 2004||Aug 4, 2009||Trading Technologies International, Inc.||Trading interface for facilitating trading of multiple tradeable objects in an electronic trading environment|
|US7574659||Mar 4, 2005||Aug 11, 2009||Computer graphic display visualization system and method|
|US7590754||Jul 28, 2003||Sep 15, 2009||Context-sensitive switching in a computer network environment|
|US7613626||Jul 30, 2005||Nov 3, 2009||Vendavo, Inc.||Integrated price management systems with future-pricing and methods therefor|
|US7627519||May 3, 2006||Dec 1, 2009||Trading Technologies International, Inc.||Method, apparatus and interface for trading multiple tradeable objects|
|US7627568||Jun 29, 2004||Dec 1, 2009||Micron Technology, Inc.||Method and system for updating a search engine database based on popularity of links|
|US7627606||Aug 10, 2005||Dec 1, 2009||Kayak Software Corporation||Secondary search for a travel related item based on the detection of a purchase offer from a prior travel related search|
|US7640198||May 28, 2004||Dec 29, 2009||Vendavo, Inc.||System and method for generating and displaying indexed price modeling data|
|US7668811||Mar 3, 2006||Feb 23, 2010||Kayak Software Corporation||Updating prices of search results during a search for a travel related item|
|US7680686||Aug 29, 2006||Mar 16, 2010||Vendavo, Inc.||System and methods for business to business price modeling using price change optimization|
|US7702570||Mar 15, 2007||Apr 20, 2010||BGC Partners, Inc.||System and method for providing an operator interface for a radar display of market data|
|US7729977||Aug 15, 2006||Jun 1, 2010||Quan Xiao|
|Method and system for grouping merchandise, services and users and for trading merchandise and services|
|US7742973||Mar 31, 2005||Jun 22, 2010||Credigy Technologies, Inc.||System and method for an exchange of financial instruments|
|US7774267||Jan 6, 2009||Aug 10, 2010||Trading Technologies International, Inc.||System and method for facilitating trading of multiple tradeable objects in an electronic trading environment|
|US7774331||Mar 28, 2005||Aug 10, 2010||Kayak Software Corporation||Method and apparatus for dynamic information connection engine|
|US7801896||Feb 19, 2007||Sep 21, 2010||Database access system|
|US7904355||Feb 6, 2008||Mar 8, 2011||Vendavo, Inc.||Systems and methods for a revenue causality analyzer|
|US7912792||Aug 9, 2004||Mar 22, 2011||Vendavo, Inc.||Systems and methods for making margin-sensitive price adjustments in an integrated price management system|
|US7979427||Nov 11, 2009||Jul 12, 2011||Round Rock Research, LLC||Method and system for updating a search engine|
|US7979457||Feb 14, 2006||Jul 12, 2011||Kayak Software Corporation||Efficient search of supplier servers based on stored search results|
|US7987419||Jan 6, 2009||Jul 26, 2011||IGT||Method and apparatus for data communication in a gaming system|
|US8005744||Sep 23, 2005||Aug 23, 2011||Methods and systems for facilitating bids on products and services|
|US8015100||Oct 16, 2009||Sep 6, 2011||Trading Technologies International, Inc.||Method, apparatus, and interface for trading multiple tradeable objects|
|US8028092||Jun 28, 2002||Sep 27, 2011||AOL Inc.||Inserting advertising content|
|US8069099||Jun 26, 2008||Nov 29, 2011||Yahoo! Inc.||Systems and methods for presenting advertising content based on publisher-selected labels|
|US8108385||Sep 3, 2009||Jan 31, 2012||Yahoo! Inc.||User interfaces for search systems using in-line contextual queries|
|US8126912||Jun 27, 2008||Feb 28, 2012||Microsoft Corporation||Guided content metadata tagging for an online content repository|
1. A method for providing an interactive linkage between a search engine and dynamic pricing content available on a computer network, the method comprising:
- receiving dynamic pricing information representing items available on the computer network, the items having a predetermined taxonomy classification encoded in a header for each item;
- concentrating said encoded dynamic pricing information onto a concentration layer, said concentration layer having more than one output, at least one output having a selection based on the predetermined taxonomy classification for selecting dynamic pricing information from a category in the predetermined taxonomy, the category having at least one sub-category in the taxonomy classification schema;
- organizing links to the received dynamic pricing information into a predetermined taxonomy; and
- providing to the search engine a mapping between search requests and the predetermined taxonomy, the mapping comprising reference pointers to dynamic pricing content that can be returned in response to search requests at the search engine.
2. The method of claim 1 further comprising returning, in response to a search request at the search engine, a reference pointer comprising an interactive link to dynamic pricing information corresponding to the search request.
3. The method of claim 2 wherein the interactive link comprises one or more Uniform Resource Locator (URL) addresses.
4. The method of claim 2 wherein the interactive link comprises one or more meta-tags.
5. The method of claim 1 wherein the reference pointers are indexable.
6. The method of claim 1 wherein the reference pointers comprise indices into a database of dynamic pricing information.
7. The method of claim 1 wherein dynamic pricing information comprises bid/ask pricing information for goods/services available in commerce.
8. The method of claim 1 wherein the predetermined taxonomy comprises a classification hierarchy.
9. The method of claim 8 wherein the classification hierarchy corresponds to goods/services available in commerce.
10. The method of claim 8 wherein the classification hierarchy includes a plurality of levels including a category level, a topic level and a sub-topic level.
11. The method of claim 10 wherein a highest level of the classification hierarchy describes goods/services at a highest level of generality and each subsequent level in the classification hierarchy describes goods/services at increasingly detailed levels of generality.
12. The method of claim 1 wherein organizing links to dynamic pricing information comprises generating data packets having encoded headers, each encoded header describing a payload of the data packet.
13. The method of claim 1 wherein the reference pointers comprise a stream of dynamic pricing information that has been collected from the Internet.
14. The method of claim 13 wherein the stream of dynamic pricing information is organized and/or filtered according to predetermined criteria.
15. The method of claim 1 wherein the available items comprise goods or services or a combination of goods and services.
16. A dynamic pricing system comprising:
- one or more sources of dynamic pricing information representing items available on a computer network, the items having a predetermined taxonomy classification encoded in a header for each item;
- a dynamic taxonomy, having a plurality of levels of detail for describing available items, for classifying the dynamic pricing information;
- a mapping between the dynamic taxonomy and a fixed taxonomy employed by a search engine, wherein the mapping is applied to a starch request at the search engine to return a pointer to dynamic pricing information corresponding to the search request; and
- a concentration layer for encoding dynamic pricing information, the concentration layer having more than one output, at least one output having a selection based on the predetermined taxonomy classification for selecting dynamic pricing information from a category in the predetermined taxonomy, the category having at least one sub-category in the taxonomy classification schema.
17. The system of claim 16 wherein the pointer to dynamic pricing information comprises a uniform resource locator (URL) address.
18. The system of claim 16 wherein the pointer to dynamic pricing information comprises a meta-tag.
19. The system of claim 16 wherein the pointer to dynamic pricing information comprises an index to a database of dynamic pricing information.
20. The system of claim 16 wherein the available items comprise goods or services or a combination of goods and services.