A sealed crustless sandwich for providing a convenient sandwich without an outer crust which can be stored for long periods of time without a central filling from leaking outwardly. The sandwich includes a lower bread portion, an upper bread portion, an upper filling and a lower filling between the lower and upper bread portions, a center filling sealed between the upper and lower fillings, and a crimped edge along an outer perimeter of the bread portions for sealing the fillings therebetween. The upper and lower fillings are preferably comprised of peanut butter and the center filling is comprised of at least jelly. The center filling is prevented from radiating outwardly into and through the bread portions from the surrounding peanut butter.
|US3083651||Jan 27, 1960||Apr 2, 1963||SANDWICH MAKING DEVICE|
|US3690898||Feb 9, 1970||Sep 12, 1972||METHOD OF MAKING A FILLED SANDWICH|
|US3767823||Oct 23, 1973||PREPARATION OF TOASTER SANDWICH|
|US3769035||Jun 23, 1971||1973||PROCESS FOR SEALING TOASTER SANDWICH|
|US3862344||Dec 11, 1972||Oct 30, 1975||METHOD OF DIELECTMCALLY SEALING IN|
|US4382768||Oct 27, 1980||May 10, 1983||Apparatus for making dough envelopes containing filling|
|US5853778||Jan 29, 1997||Dec 29, 1998||Arriba Corporation||Food products utilizing edible films and method of making and packaging same |
|US6283810||Dec 17, 1999||Sep 4, 2001||Non-mold method of forming objects and articles formed thereby|
|US6599545||Jul 26, 2000||Jul 29, 2003||Method for making a sandwich|
|US6754965||Nov 28, 2000||Jun 29, 2004||Integrated sandwich crimping tool|
|US7011859||Jun 27, 2003||Mar 14, 2006||Method for making a sandwich|
|US7044177||Dec 2, 2003||May 16, 2006||Methods and apparatuses for dispensing condiments|
|US7478656||Jan 19, 2006||Jan 20, 2009||Methods and apparatuses for dispensing condiments|
|USD512200||Nov 15, 2004||Dec 6, 2005||Kellogg Company||Toaster product|
|USD571980||Jun 7, 2007||Jul 1, 2008||Kellogg Company||Muffin top|
|USD659347||Nov 4, 2011||May 15, 2012||Pastry|
1. A sealed crustless sandwich, comprising:
- a first bread layer having a first perimeter surface coplanar to a contact surface;
- at least one filling of an edible food juxtaposed to said contact surface;
- a second bread layer juxtaposed to said at least one filling opposite of said first bread layer, wherein said second bread layer includes a second perimeter surface similar to said first perimeter surface;
- a crimped edge directly between said first perimeter surface and said second perimeter surface for sealing said at least one filling between said first bread layer and said second bread layer;
- wherein a crust portion of said first bread layer and said second bread layer has been removed.
2. The sealed crustless sandwich of claim 1, wherein said crimped edge includes a plurality of spaced apart depressions for increasing a bond of said crimped edge.
3. The sealed crustless sandwich of claim 2, wherein said crimped edge is a finite distance from said at least one filling for increasing said bond.
4. The sealed crustless sandwich of claim 3, wherein said at least one filling comprises:
- a first filling;
- a second filling;
- a third filling; and
- wherein said second filling is completely surrounded by said first filling and said third filling for preventing said second filling from engaging said first bread layer and said second bread layer.
5. The sealed crustless sandwich of claim 4, wherein said first filling and third filling have sealing characteristics.
6. The sealed crustless sandwich of claim 5, wherein:
- said first filling is juxtaposed to said first bread layer;
- said third filling is juxtaposed to said second bread layer; and
- an outer edge of said first filling and said third filling are engaged to one another to form a reservoir for retaining said second filling in between.
7. The sealed crustless sandwich of claim 6, wherein said first filling and said third filling are comprised of peanut butter; and said second filling is comprised of a jelly.
8. The sealed crustless sandwich of claim 7, wherein said crimped edge is formed into a substantially circular shape.
9. A sealed crustless sandwich, comprising:
- a first bread layer having a first perimeter surface, a first crust portion and a first contact surface;
- a first filling juxtaposed to said first contact surface;
- a second bread layer having a second perimeter surface, a second crust portion and a second contact surface;
- a second filling juxtaposed to said second contact surface;
- a third filling;
- a crimped edge directly between said first and second perimeter surfaces for sealing said first, second, and third fillings between said first and second bread layers;
- wherein said first and second crust portions have been removed and said third filling is encapsulated by said first and second fillings.
10. The sealed crustless sandwich of claim 9 wherein said first filling and said second filling have sealing characteristics.