Expanding the Online Frontier
Welcome to Google’s domain registry. We’re really excited about the domains we’ll soon be able to offer. The Internet has always been first and foremost about self-expression, and the dawn of this era of hundreds of new domains marks one of the most unpredictable moments in the history of a highly unpredictable medium.
.EDU has always meant education, .GOV government, .ORG non-profits. Today's new domains are infinitely more open-ended. There will be new homes for creativity, for business, for explorers, comedians and professionals. What will .HOW mean? .EAT? .SOY? We have our ideas, but how you develop your piece of this online real estate is up to you. Whether you're a dad or a traveler, a developer or a movie maker, a Japanese speaker or a tour guide, the web, happily, is what you make of it.Become a partner
Google is planning on being the registry for these new top level domains.
We are currently in the process of launching our second top-level domain, .SOY. The .SOY domain will cater to the growing digital needs of the US Hispanic market, offering brands, publishers, and consumers a place to create, collaborate, and share. If you’re interested in carrying or registering a .SOY domain, here are a few important dates to be aware of:
- 7/24/14 - 9/24/14: Trademark owners can apply for .SOY domains (known as the "Sunrise" period)
- 9/24/14 - 10/8/14: Anyone can apply for .SOY domains (known as the "Landrush" period)
- 10/15 and onwards: Anyone can immediately register available .SOY domains (known as “General Availability")
Please note that a claims period will run for the duration of the .SOY registration period, during which trademark owners will receive notification when their marks are registered as domains.
We are currently in the process of launching our first top-level domain, .みんな. .みんな (“mee-n-nuh” in English) means "everyone" in Japanese and is the world's first open hiragana domain. If you’re interested in registering a .みんな domain, here are a few important dates to be aware of:
- 12/9/13 - 2/26/14: Trademark owners can apply for .みんな domains (known as the “Sunrise” period)
- 1/15/14 - 2/26/14: Anyone can apply for .みんな domains (known as the “Landrush” period)
- 3/4/14 and onwards: Anyone can immediately register available .みんな domains (known as “General Availability”)
Please note that we've extended the Sunrise and Landrush periods, due to higher than anticipated demand during landrush, and late-stage increase in volume of trademark applications. A claims period will also run for the duration of the .みんな registration period, during which trademark owners will receive notification when their marks are registered as domains.
If you’re interested in participating in any of these three phases, please stay tuned to this website for more information. In the meantime, Registrar partners can sign up to sell .みんな domains.