| || |
Maytag Gemini Gas Double Oven Range with EvenAir True Convection
Maytag · Maytag Gemini · Gas · Free-standing · With Griddle · Convection
Perfect the rest of the meal using the Power Center cooktop with 16 000 BTU Speed Heat and griddle burners with included griddle with high-heat capabilities. Keep the process efficient with EvenAir True convection in the lower oven to roasts up to 30% faster than a thermal oven ...
Ranges from other brands
- $1,579($121 less)Worse Reviews
- $1,179($521 less)
- $630($1,070 less)Many More Reviews
- Our Maytag MGT8885XS Gs RangeFor several years my wife and I have been looking to replace our 24 year old gas range. We have been interested in the double free-standing gas oven with the principal reason being the smaller oven which would be used most frequently would use less natural gas to heat due to its smaller volume. We have been waiting two years for the various range manufactures' to reverse their terrible design decision to place the burner controls on top of the range where space is already limited; and now they have.
Over the past ten years my wife and I have purchased several appliances from Maytag and have been very happy with their reliability. We were apprehensive about purchasing a range we have only seen in an ad and not an actual floor model; no dealer in the local area had one on display.
After living conservatively all these years we decided to go with Maytag's top of the line range which cost the price of three standard gas ranges. In addition to the double ovens we wanted the griddle attachment principally for decorative purposes and to have a place to lay utensils while cooking. As everyone knows, about the only thing you can cook on griddles is pancakes, grilled cheese sandwiches, or French toast unless you want grease splattered all over the stove top, counters, and floor in front of the range no matter how low the heat is; resulting in a long cleanup effort.
The MGT8885XS was delivered around noon Saturday 6 November 2010 by Home Depot's delivery sub-contractor. They did an outstanding job hauling out and bringing in the new range. I paid the extra charges for gas line hookup kit and installation. However, after about ten minutes of installation work the delivery crew decided I had a gas leak in the house plumbing and they would not be able to complete installation and I should call a plumber to have it fixed. They left the house with the range sitting in the middle of the kitchen.
I took Monday off as a vacation day to wait for the plumber. The plumber arrives and ... Read full review
- Why didn't I get one sooner.Pros: Attractive Design; Heats Up Quickly; High-Powered Burners
I have been so happy with my new stove. It has performed beautifully and I love the convection oven. I did a Beer Butt Chicken last night and it was the best ever. Crunchy on the outside and moist on the inside. I would recommmend this stove to anyone who loves to cook. I am looking forward to my canning as my electric stove would never get hot enough or took to long to get the canners water hot. I also love the idea of the two ovens. Thanks so much to the sales people at Hhgregg. Read full review
- Double the oven; Double the fun!Pros: High-Powered Burners; Attractive Design; Heats Up Quickly; Economical upper oven
Great control over multiple areas at one time. Easier to prepare a large meal without the hassle of flipping things in and out of the oven. Five burners allow for mutiple dishes and cooking styles Read full review