| || |
APC SurgeArrest Essential Surge suppressor
October 2010 · APC · Surge Protection · Standard · 1,100 joule · 4 outlet
Damaging power surges associated with lightning or utility problems can travel along your utility and data lines, damaging your electronic devices and destroying your valuable data. Even smaller everyday power surges can degrade the performance of your electronics and decrease ...
|Seller Rating||Details||Base Price||Total Price|
|TigerDirect.com||(24,955)||No tax||$10.26 +$7.32 shipping||$17.58|
|hhgregg||(2,373)||$14.95 +$0.90 tax and $10.50 shipping||$26.35|
|Home Depot||(3,023)||$14.99 +$0.90 tax and $5.99 shipping||$21.88|
|Office Depot||(53,376)||$11.95 +$1.31 tax and $9.95 shipping||$23.21|
|eBay - electronic_express||No rating||Free shipping, No tax||$14.26||$14.26|
|Fry's Electronics||(19,569)||No tax||$8.99 +$6.99 shipping||$15.98|
|NextWarehouse.com||(423)||Free shipping, No tax||$16.18||$16.18|
|ShopBLT.com||(89)||Free shipping, No tax||$11.86||$11.86|
|Outletpc.com||(2,272)||No tax||$13.98 +$6.95 shipping||$20.93|
|eBay - howardtechnology||No rating||Free shipping||$13.99 +$0.70 tax||$14.69|
Power Strips & Surge Suppressors from Other Brands
- $23 ($12 more)Much Older
- $8 ($2 less)Much Older
- $30 ($20 more)Fewer Outlets2 vs 4 outletMuch Newer
- $29 ($19 more)Fewer Outlets2 vs 4 outlet
- $14 ($4 more)Much Newer
- EMI and RFI noise filteringReduces line noise that can cause data loss and keyboard errors.
- Fail safe modeAPC's SurgeArrest fails safe, which means that once the circuit of an APC SurgeArrest has been compromised the unit disconnects equipment from the power supply ensuring that no damaging surges reach your equipment.
- Lightning and surge protectionTo prevent damage to your equipment from electric power surges and spikes.
- Noise filteringAttenuates EMI/RFI line noise that can cause data errors and keyboard lockups, ensuring better performance of protected equipment.
- Catastrophic event protectionSurgeArrest components such as MOVs and thermal fuse ensure instantaneous reaction to lightning strikes and wiring faults.
- Protection working indicatorSurgeArrest will warn you if its circuitry has been damaged by heavy strike or power line surge and it is unable to provide 100% protection.
- Building wiring fault indicatorThis LED informs users of potentially dangerous wiring problems in the wall circuit.
- APC is the best way to go.I own several apc surge protectors and back-up battery units in my residence and they are the best of any other brand. Very reliable and protect you equipment audio/television and computer components. The surge arrest I ordered (2) are really great with the USB charging port(s) for your smart phone/tablets and portable electronics including laptops. Read full review
- Works OK for phones, but not for iPadsThis APC P4WUSB Surge protector plus USB charger is rated for one amp output on the specification. My iPad requires a 1amp charger. Unfortunately, this unit charges for a short time and then starts turning itself off and then back on whilst attempting to charge my ipad. On phones it works fine. The similar (but more expensive) Belkin unit is rated 1.6 amp and will charge an iPad and a phone. But if you have two ipads to charge, the 1.6 amps will not be enough for both at once. Read full review
- Exactly what I neededI like the power outlets + the USB feature (where I can just plug in my phone). The only drawback is that it assumes you are using it with a standard outlet with a certain spacing between the two Ground sockets. However, I was trying to use it with a GFCI wall plate and I had to break the plastic insert on the unit in order to fit it in. But otherwise, great product! Read full review
|Device Type||Surge suppressor - external|
|First Seen On Google Shopping||October 2010|
|Input Voltage||AC 120 V|
|Frequency Required||50/60 Hz|
Manufacturer pageBuy APC Essential SurgeArrest 4 Outlet Wall Mount with USB, ...