| || |
Noctua NH-D14 Processor cooler
5.5 in x 6.2 in x 6.3 in
The NH-D14 is built for ultimate quiet cooling performance. Topped off with a tube of Noctua's award-winning NT-H1 thermal compound as well as the SecuFirm2 multi-socket mounting system, the NH-D14 is an elite choice for the highest demands in premium quality quiet cooling.
|Seller Rating||Details||Base Price||Total Price|
|eSaitech||74 seller reviews||No tax||$65.00 +$14.54 shipping||$79.54|
|TigerDirect.com||29,249 seller reviews||No tax||$94.99 +$9.71 shipping||$104.70|
|AAAwave.com||574 seller reviews||Free shipping, No tax||$77.95||$77.95|
|Newegg.com||88,237 seller reviews||Free shipping, No tax||$78.49||$78.49|
|Outletpc.com||5,069 seller reviews||No tax||$69.88 +$7.95 shipping||$77.83|
|Coolerguys||42 seller reviews||No tax||$84.95 +$15.61 shipping||$100.56|
|modDIY.com||972 seller reviews||No tax||$99.99 +$9.95 shipping||$109.94|
|eBay - titan.direct||Free shipping, No tax||$93.49||$93.49|
|LoTN||No tax||$81.42 +$14.54 shipping||$95.96|
|eBay - aerocooler||No tax||$89.00 +$22.05 shipping||$111.05|
- 6 heat pipe dual radiator designProviding more surface area, better heat-distribution and superior airflow efficiency than conventional tower style heat sinks, the NH-D14's six heat pipe dual radiator design was developed to provide ultimate quiet cooling performance in dual fan mode.
- Excellent component coolingHanging out at the bottom of the fin-stacks, the NF-P14 fan doesn't only contribute to the NH-D14's superb CPU cooling capabilities but also provides massive airflow over surrounding motherboard components and heat sinks, thus ensuring excellent component cooling performance.
- SecuFirm2 multi-socket mounting systemNoctua's enthusiast grade SecuFirm2 multi-socket mounting provides broad socket compatibility and meets the highest demands in safety, contact pressure and ease-of-use.
- NT-H1 thermal compoundNoctua's much-acclaimed NT-H1 is a well proven pro-grade TIM solution that provides minimum thermal resistance, excellent ease-of-use and outstanding reliability.
- Review: Noctua NH-D14One look at the Austrian-designed Noctua and you know it means business. For a start, it's something of a giant, featuring two fin stacks and two fans.
The quality of engineering is superb, right through to the colour instructions. Even the thermal paste is 'award-winning' thermal paste. It looks the business, in a no-nonsense way.
Only the hospital beige-coloured fans spoil the party here. Compared to the design excesses of Fenrir, Yasya and Thor's Hammer it looks positively clinical.
The fittings continue the theme. They're top-notch, over-engineered and cover all possibilities of AMD and Intel boards. You even get the screwdriver you'll need to fit them. Once on, it's on good and firm.
A word of warning, though: the sheer size means you'll probably be covering a RAM slot, and with just 53mm clearance your stick's heat spreader could spoil the fun, as it did in our test rig, forcing us to remove a stick. This is for big full-size boards and cases only.
The performance though was excellent. Under idle conditions, our test rig ran at just over 41 degrees. This is about as good as we've seen. Only Xigmatek's Thor's Hammer managed to match this.
Under load, it's just as capable. Here it ran at 53 degrees, and only Titan's Fenrir could keep up. For sheer cooling power, it's hard to beat – as well it should be, given the bulk and twin fans.
We were even pleased by the price. It's not cheap for sure, but considering the quality it isn't too bad, either. A high-end gaming system can reach £2,000. In this context, splashing out £60 on the cooler is just 3% of the budget. And you'll certainly be able to explore the outer reaches over overclocking.Read full review
- first NoctuaPros: Keeps my 4770k at like 30C. It only has a mild overclock of 4Ghz, but it works! The cooler itself looks great in my Silverstone Raven RV03. Installation was relatively easy and straight forward. It works. I recommend this to anyone who does not want to mess with water cooling or can't afford to. The price is questionable to some, I'm sure, but all of us system builders knew the costs when we picked this hobby.
Cons: I'm not a fan of the color of the fans. That beige/brown color just doesn't suit my aesthetics. I wish they came in a black housing/white blades configuration, but meh.
The cooler is right up against the top most PCI slot (MSI Z87 G45) where I have my sound card installed. I installed it there to keep it out of the way of my GPU's airflow. I installed some rubber padding and a small piece of cardboard because the mounting clips for t40mm fan rub against anything installed in the top most PCI slot. Do keep this in mind if you plan to use this cooler with the MSI Z87 G45 motherboard. A small piece of really thin cardboard is all you really need. The pressure from the clip will hold it in place.
The fans need different colors, but otherwise great cooler. It is large and has like 2-3 millimeters of clearance from the SIlverstone Raven RV03's window, but it fits. The 120mm fan hovers right above the 2 nearest memory slots. Use a low profile memory module like G. Skill's Sniper Series.Read full review
- The BEST air cooler ever!Pros: This is easily the finest air cooler out there and I've installed the some of the better ones out there. In my testing it beat them all with the slimmest margin being 2 degrees. I would even get this heatsink over any closed loop water cooling system out there. If you want better cooling than this for the money get a custom loop kit.
Ran this on a i7-3770K for over 12 hours in Prime 95 at 4.5ghz @ 1.22v. Used MX-4 thermal paste. Never broke 70C on RealTemp. Nuff said.
It was a breeze to install if you simply follow the instructions. The two-fan design blew the hot air directly to my exhaust fan for perfect airflow. Despite the size, the mounting system is set up so that the stress on the motherboard is very minimal.
Cons: None. Personally, some people may not like the color scheme or its monstrous dimensions, but I enjoy looking at it through the window of the Cooler Master HAF 932case. It's a work of art.
My friend ordered these parts directly from Newegg using his user ID, but I built his computer since his tech level is low. This is definitely a confirmed order from Newegg.
ASUS Maximus V ExtremeRead full review
8GB Corsair Vengeance 7-8-8-24
Samsung 830 256GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD
ASUS PA248Q Monitor
Cooler Master HAF 932
|Product Type||Processor cooler|