| || |
Acer Aspire REVO - R1600-U910H - 1 GB RAM - 160 GB HDD - 1.6 GHz Atom Processor
September 2009 · Acer · Aspire · Small Form Factor · Windows OS · 1 GB RAM · Intel CPU · 160 GB HDD · 1.6 GHz · NVIDIA GPU
The AspireRevo is a revolution in computer size, shape, design and affordability. Whether tucked away in a corner of your desk or nicely concealed on the back of your monitor, the AspireRevo makes the perfect everyday PC for cruising the Internet, doing your daily work, staying ...
- Optimal performanceThe AspireRevo is small but powerful, fueled by Atom processor, complimented by an advanced NVIDIA graphics chipset and HDMI connectivity supporting Full 1080P HD for very real-looking imagery. An eSATA port, six USB ports and a memory card reader make transferring your photos and other files as fast and easy as ever.
- Total connectivityAspireRevo makes the perfect everyday PC for cruising the Internet, doing daily work, staying connected via instant messaging, and enjoying photos, music, videos and more.
- Ultra slim designThe Aspire R3600 is a revolution in the design as well. An ultra slim diamond shape design that can be portable and easily attached to the VESA mounting at the rear of an LCD monitor. Moreover the power button peeks over the monitor for easy access and the position is adjustable to fit various monitors. The innovative case layout takes up a lot of space less of a traditional desktop and is ideal for the living room, bedroom or even the kitchen.
- Eco-friendlyFeaturing the ultra low power consumption Atom processor with optimized component placement and mechanical design, AspireRevo is surprisingly silent in operation. In short, AspireRevo is Energy Star 5.0 compliance that maximizes energy efficiency and save more power.
- Acer Aspire Revo AR1600 ReviewPros: Inexpensive, small, decent graphics
Cons: Minimal computing power, no display, no DVD drive
Few computers are as inexpensive as the Acer Aspire Revo AR1600. The computer is part of a category commonly referred to as nettops because they use netbook components, including the low-powered Intel Atom processor. ...Read full review
- Nice little PC for basic needsThis is a nice little PC for your basic needs. Its small footprint doesn't take a lot space on your desk. I'm using it as a media player to hook up with my TV to show photos and home videos. The 1GB memory size is a little short for the demanding Windows XP OS. Performance can be sluggish if connected to the Internet via a USB wireless stick. I'd upgrade it to 2GB memory to boost performance and have a wired connection to avoid delays on the wireless connection. Read full review
- Very Interesting Product for the moneyPros: Fairly straight forward to set up and use. Out of the box HDMI to your TV
Cons: Cant really handle rendering at 1080 P. More horse power desired even with 2G RAM
The initial thought was to use this as a secondary source for streaming internet content on TV. Bought the 1G memory upgrade kit and ran this at 2GB.
Good Options for TV friendliness. Installed XMBC and followed with Boxee software. Great interface to access on line streaming content.
Ran into issues with 1080P content and changed it down to 1080i and the performance was flawless. Amazon HD, Netflix, Vimeo etc all had great response. ( its a hog for high quality HD content4 to 5MBps needed)
Also used it as a secondary laptop/desktop. Bought a wireless kelyboard and mouse kit from ebay.
Not the friendliest of the ways to work. constantly have to change the font size on webpages. Found a work around and how happy.
Downside: spend 100 bucks more and get xbox 360 but its 50% more expensive and i am not into games. + i dont want to keep forking money over to microsoft. I already pay them enough.
Overall a great buy for 200 bucks. would recommend to anyone who want to enjoy internet content on HDTV.Read full review
|Product Form Factor||Ultra-slim desktop|
|First Seen On Google Shopping||September 2009|
|CPU||Intel Atom N230 / 1.6 GHz|