| || |
Epson WorkForce Pro WP-4530 Color Ink-jet - Fax / copier / printer / scanner
USB 2.0 · LAN · Wi-Fi(n) · USB host · 33.6 Kbps fax · 330 sheets · Up to 16 ipm (mono) / up to 11 ipm (color) print · 1 y warranty · Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi (mono) / up to 4800 x 1200 dpi (color) · 18.1 in x 25.9 in x 15.1 in
At twice the speed of inkjets and featuring fast auto two-sided print speeds, plus automatic two-sided copying/scanning/faxing, the WorkForce Pro WP-4530 delivers professional quality output while getting up to 50% less cost per page than color laser. Boasting two-sided print ...
|Seller Rating||Details||Base Price||Total Price|
|compu-america.com||3 ratings||No tax||$188.00 +$50.14 shipping||$238.14|
|Epson.com||(78)||Free shipping, No tax, Refurbished||$112.99||$112.99|
|Fry's Electronics||(18,611)||Free shipping, No tax, Refurbished||$119.99||$119.99|
|Rakuten.com - TigerDirect||(293)||No tax, Refurbished||$99.99 +$17.56 shipping||$117.55|
|Newegg.com - ShopAxis||6 ratings||Free shipping, No tax||$416.59||$416.59|
|AroundTheOffice.com||No rating||No tax||$369.00 +$26.16 shipping||$395.16|
|Memory4Less.com||25 ratings||No tax, Refurbished||$263.38 +$39.95 shipping||$303.33|
|Rakuten.com - Teleport ...||5 ratings||No tax||$447.52 +$43.70 shipping||$491.22|
|Seaboom.com||6 ratings||Free shipping, No tax||$368.38||$368.38|
|A Matter of Fax||(239)||Free shipping, No tax||$217.17||$217.17|
Printers, Copiers & Fax Machines from other brands
- $196($8 more)
- Save on inkUp to 50% less cost per page than color laser.
- Reload paper less often330-sheet paper capacity, including an 80-sheet rear-feed tray for alterative papers, envelopes, labels and card stock.
- Professional quality colorPrint attention-getting marketing materials or presentations that exceed your clients expectations.
- Do more30-page two-sided auto document feeder to quickly copy, scan or fax stacks of one- or two-sided originals.
- Built-in networkingEasily connect and share with others in your workgroup via wireless or wired networking.
- Save up to 50% of your paper supplyBuilt-in automatic two-sided printing and copying.
- PC-faxFax documents directly from your computer.
- Save energyUses up to 70% less power than laser printers.
- so far so goodPros: Easy To Set Up
Cons: Communication Prob W Cmp; Large Footprint
So far, I really like this printer. The color images are crisp and colors are vivid. It does not take a long time to print the color images. I teach a floral design class and I have to print out pictures of their projects. This means that I am printing a hundred photos at a time. I have gone through 2 printers in the past 2 years. (a lexmark and an hp) Their print heads needed replacing and it is more economical to just buy a new printer. I thought that I would try this Epson because it claims to be able to handle that type of work load..... So far so good. The only problem that I have had is that sometimes my computer does not recognize the printer and I have to restart my computer.Read full review
- Bought as a replacement printerFor 13 years, I had an HP G85 printer that was a workhorse. I never had to take it in for repair. It was actually still working when I purchased this Epson printer. My intent was to buy another HP, but the deal I was able to get on the Epson was too good to pass up. Without going into all the details, I was able to purchase this $279 printer for $99 when the sale price and a credit for recycling my old printer were both applied. For that price, I figured I couldn't go wrong, even if I only kept it long enough to get my money's worth out of it.
I bought the printer on 03/21/2014 and installed it on 03/23/2014. This is my first wireless printer. I opted to try to install it myself and then request the free installation that came with it if I couldn't get it going. The biggest challenge came when after actually printing, it stopped printing. I could see the print jobs sitting in the queue, but they wouldn't spool through. I think I had done something to change the printer port. This printer needs to be sitting on the USB virtual port in order for it to be able to print as a wireless and as a cabled printer. I called the Staples employee who helped me with my purchase decision, and he helped me troubleshoot the problem. He was very helpful, and between the two of us, we were able to find the problem. I have not tried to send anything wireless yet. The USB cable printing option is working fine for me so far.
As far as the quality of the print, I would give it an eight out of ten. It automatically prints in sort of an ink-saver mode, which threw me at first since the print is not bold. You have to change the print quality to "high" when you send a document to the printer if you want a letter-quality result. If there is a way to override this, I haven't found it yet. The only other issue I have at this time is that the actual ink colors, to me, are not as crisp and "true" as with the HP. The HP ink was way expensive, but there was a difference in the finished product to go along with the hefty price tag.
This printer is OK and seems to be doing what I need it to do, which is light printing at home. As far as my overall satisfaction at this point, I will say that there was some disappointment at first because I was so used to the superior quality and delivery of the HP that I used for so long. I hope as I use this printer more and learn more about its features that my opinion of it will be more positive.
Would I recommend this printer? Maybe. The verdict is still out on this.Read full review
- So much promise - So much DisapointmentPros: Great image quality, very good thru-put, nice mechanical design for paper handling in copy, scan & print duplexing, very good footprint. Automatic software/firmware updates
Cons: After less than 10 months, the infamous "yellow ink spewing" hit me, making the unit useless.
Being on a fixed income, I could no longer afford the cost of replacing the cartridges in my HP MFP color laser, which was nearly the same price as this WP-4530. When I started using it, I was highly impressed and thought I'd found the perfect solution. I now recollect an Epson portable printer I had used for on the road printing of customer service reports, which also had cartridge leaking problems, which at the time I thought had been due to transportation issues, but now believe are an inherent design flaw. I guess I'll have to find a more reliable solution.Read full review
|Device Type||Fax / copier / printer / scanner|
|Fax Type||Plain paper|
|Printing Technology||Ink-jet - color|