| || |
TomTom XXL 540 S World Traveler GPS Navigator - 5 in Touch Display - North America
December 2009 · TomTom · TomTom XXL · Automotive · 5 inch · Europe · Canada · Mexico · U.S. States and Territories · Lane Assist
The TomTom Car GPS is the perfect companion for a hassle free drive. This portable GPS system has a 5 inch, full color LCD widescreen touch display. Alongwith the MapShare feature, there are map views of the US, Canada and Mexico on the TomTom Car GPS receiver. IQ Routes ...
GPS Navigation Systems from other brands
- $375($180 more)GPSMAPSmaller Screen4 vs 5 inch
- $140($55 less)RoadMateOlder
- $20($175 less)MaestroMuch OlderWorse Reviews
- $46($149 less)MaestroReal-time TrafficOlder
- $35($160 less)Garmin nüviMuch Older
- 5" XXL screen for better viewSee more and drive easily with an extra wide screen. Touch screen technology gives you the easiest operation to make using your device a pleasure.
- 24/7 IQ Routes technologyCalculates the fastest route possible using actual average speeds of travel rather than posted speed limits.
- Advanced lane guidanceGives you extra clarity when navigating difficult junctions.
- Spoken instruction and street namesSpoken instructions include street names for added clarity. Text-to-Speech technology helps you keep your eyes on the road.
- TomTom Map Share technologyThis unique technology enables you to add to, update and personalize your maps instantly. It also lets you share and benefit from fellow users' changes - daily, automatically and easily via TomTom Home. TomTom Map share technology means TomTom drivers can always have the most up-to-date maps at their fingertips.
- EasyPort mountYour EasyPort mount folds neatly onto the back of your device, making the whole navigation package fit into your pocket, bag or glove compartment.
- Bought it for the European MapsI am going to Europe this summer and needed at GPS. After a lot of research, I ended up purchasing this one. It was a better price than the other GPSs offering preloaded European maps. My husband and I have been using it to get used to it before our trip. I'm a little nervous because sometimes the computerized voice tells you to turn just as you are passing the street. My other GPSs give the warning to turn a decent amount of time before you reach the intersection, so I'm not sure why this one doesn't. You can't rely on just the voice directions, you have to be sure to look at the GPS to see what street the voice is referring to to know when to turn. Crossing my fingers it will work ok in Europe! Read full review
- Better than my other TomTomPros: Turns on fast
It was easy to use right out of the box. Turns on fast enough and when I set a direction and wanted to mess with the GPS to see how fast it would recalculated it did a better job and faster too! Read full review
- Dependable NavigationPros: Compact; Easy Menus; Large Screen; Easy To Read; Easy To Set Up; Simple Controls; Acquires Satellites Quickly; Reliable Performance
The XXL540 is a great Nav. It was absolutely simple to setup and pull down the latest maps from my PC. It is a great value and I could not be more pleased. I use the unit for occasional trips and travelling to new locations. My only negative comment is that I purchased the custom mounts rather than using the windshield mount. The custom mounts cost just about as much as the Nav itself. Otherwise, it is a great unit and gotta love the wide screen for readability. Read full review
|Product Type||GPS receiver|
|Preloaded Maps||Canada, USA, Europe, Mexico, Puerto Rico|
|Card Reader||SD Memory Card|
|First Seen On Google Shopping||December 2009|