| || |
Canon PIXMA MG8220 Color Ink-jet - Printer / copier / scanner
Canon · PIXMA · All-in-One · Inkjet · Color · Wireless · With Scanner · 12.5 ppm (mono) · 9.3 ppm (color) · USB
A sleek, beautiful design is your introduction to the superior quality, versatility and ease of use, you'll experience with the PIXMA MG8220 wireless inkjet photo all in one. It begins with built-in Wi-Fi which lets you easily print and scan wirelessly virtually anywhere around ...
|Seller Rating||Details||Base Price||Total Price|
|Newegg.com - Action Packaged Inc.||(63)||Free shipping, No tax||$489.95||$489.95|
|Memory4Less.com||(794)||No tax, Refurbished||$453.12 +$39.95 shipping||$493.07|
|eBay||No rating||Free shipping, No tax||$399.99||$399.99|
|Rakuten.com - 3MW||No rating||No tax||$599.99 +$24.69 shipping||$624.68|
|Aztek Computers||No rating||No tax, Refurbished||$401.35 +$10.50 shipping||$411.85|
- $294($196 less)PrintersMuch Newer
- $100($390 less)Much Newer
- $310($180 less)Older
- $500($10 more)Higher PPM26 vs 12.5 ppm (mono)Much OlderHigher PPM17 vs 9.3 ppm (color)
- Superior resolution9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi firing with 1 pl produces incredible quality and detail in both your borderless photos, crafts, business documents and web pages.
- High performance, six individual ink tank systemThis 6-color ink system consists of five dye-based inks including a dedicated gray ink for professional-looking black and white and color photos. A pigment-based black ink produces exceptionally crisp text. Plus, only replace the color ink tank that runs out.
- Print documents and web pages, fastPrint documents and web pages with fast speeds of 12.5 images per minute (ipm) for black and 9.3 images per minute (ipm) for color.
- ChromaLife100+This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon inks and select genuine Canon photo papers for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.
- Intelligent touch systemThis button navigation system allows you to effortlessly operate your machine with gorgeous touch sensitive controls.
- Built-in film adapter unitThis unit makes it easy to scan 35 mm film and slides so you can bring your faded memories back to life.
- Built-in wirelessPrint and scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house.
- Mobile device printingTake full advantage of Canon's Wi-Fi connectivity to unlock, print and share your stored images right on the spot.
- EASY! ALL WIRELESS,FAB COLORSI LOVE this printer! I use a MAC (no more PC for me!) I bought mine at the end of 2011. For me, this is an update. In 2008, I changed to a Macbook Pro from a PC & Apple featured a prior version of this wireless printer which I bought and loved for 3 1/2 years. (Apple knows good design!.) This version will even print from an ipad or iphone (they are on my birthday list). TIPS: (1) In the 3 1/2 years I owned the prior similar version, I almost never turned it off- unless I was traveling for a month. With both versions, I've never had "start-up lag-time issues." I turn my computer off -but leave the printer always on- it's always ready to go. My old printer was still working great before I upgraded. (2) INK: Leave the cartridges in until it won't print anymore. People generally complain about most printers running out of ink too early - but I've found I can print quite a lot more after the initial warnings and "blinky lights" start. Just ignore them:) This has great archival quality ink that won't fade. Select the proper paper option & Print photos on good photo paper - it makes a difference. (3) EASY SETUP- After I plugged everything in, I called Canon Tech Support & they took me through the steps. Then I felt silly - it was that easy!! But you can call too! Call CANON TECH SUPPORT during the warranty period & ask any questions or for help.THEY'RE GREAT!!! They answer right away- you get a human pretty quickly- and someone in the US!! a rare thing nowadays! Just like APPLE- that's why I love my MAC! (4) WIRELESS EVERYTHING-including SCANNING. (You DO have to open the lid to insert an item to be scanned- but the rest is all done wirelessly & from my computer screen. The prior critique obviously didn't know how to set it all up) (5) TO SCAN- From the main screen -Click on the icon on your computer to open the printer menus, then: Start Application, then click on MP Navigator EX. I use Photos/Documents (Platen) and use the advanced settings. It's amazing what you can do there- instead of using the "AUTO" options. (6) COLORS are my thing (I'm a painter)- and they are fabulous for a home printer. (7) My only "beef" is that the OCR software isn't great- but that would add to the cost. You can get good add-on OCR software if you need it. YOU WILL LOVE THIS PRINTER- but spend a little time getting to know it at first.- especially the scanning options. Read full review
- Good quality but slowPros: Easy to use
Fast print speed
Cons: High ink consumption
I've had this printer for about a week now. I found it very frustrating when trying to print directly from my laptop because a lot of the time it would say there was a communication error even though the printer is on and working correctly. I did the setup and everything on my laptop so there is no reason for it to be saying that. Most of the time I would have to move all the photos I want onto an SD card and print it from there. When printing for the first time of the day, it takes the printer a significantly long time for it to warm up. Longer than any printer I've ever had but after that first time it prints fine. Other than not being able to print from my computer and taking a long time to warm up, it's an excellent photo printer that prints good quality pictures. Read full review
- SOHO WorkhorsePros: Reliable
Easy to use
Sharp Tones & Colors
This is my 4th. Canon photo printer, but my 1st. photo all in one printer. Both photo print and text quality are excellent, which is exactly what I'm accustom to getting from my Canon printers. This multi function device has far more features than I will ever need to use, and I like that, since I'm a firm believer that "it's better to have it and not need it than not have it and need it". My favorite features are the built in scanner/copier, the ability to print directly to CD/DVD, and I'm especially fond of the two separate paper loading paths that make switching between photo paper and plain paper an effortless operation. This printer meets my needs perfectly and it looks great too. Read full review
|Device Type||Printer / copier / scanner|
|Bundled Services||Canon InstantExchange|
|Printing Technology||Ink-jet - color - photo|